Skills: Business Analyst, Risk Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
At Eni , we are looking for a Middle Office Analyst within Eni Global Energy Markets (EGEM) in London . You will be responsible for supporting the Middle Office team within the Finance & Risk department, mainly supporting business projects through risk assessment, automation/enhancement of trading processes and computer system development. For this position, you will be reporting to the Head of Market Risk Pricing, Evaluation & Analytics of Eni Global Energy Markets SpA and you will be expecting to work closely with different internal and external functions daily that are involved or may interact with the trading lifecycle.
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. ENI has a market capitalisation of €66 billion and has a near €100bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream company but also Europe's largest natural gas operation. In January 2021, Eni integrated its gas, power, emissions and LNG commodity trading activities into one Company, Eni Global Energy Markets (EGEM) to create a leader in the global commodities trading arena. EGEM is a leading gas player in Europe and is responsible for all of Eni's commodity trading in natural gas, power, emissions and related derivatives with offices in London, Rome, Brussels and Singapore. The integration of the trading activities into EGEM enables ENI to capture additional business opportunities in a market that is becoming more liquid and integrated across different commodities. This integrated model has created a global centre of excellence for ENI's trading and commodities risk control.
As a member of The Finance & Risk Department at you will be responsible for :
- Supporting the company ' s growth within a risk-aware environment, mainly conducting a risk assessment of new business initiatives and new products.
- Coordinating projects with business and support functions to seek continuous improvements of all trade life-cycle processes.
- Identifying and reviewing operational risks, with the aim of reducing the company ' s exposure through the implementation of adequate mitigation actions.
- Promoting process automation, through coding and programming activities.
- Facilitate and manage the risk assessments of new business activities and products, coordinating New Product Approvals (NPA), Non-Standard Deal or Activity (NSDA) processes for Gas, Power, Emissions, LNG and Oil Derivatives trading.
- Design and implement software to improve and automate processes across Middle Office and to provide management information on a regular basis.
- Supporting business and support functions in the resolution of problems/issues related to the implementation of new initiatives promoting their implementation in a risk-controlled environment.
- Identifying risks through the regular review of operational incidents and liaising with business/support functions to seek solutions and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Providing deep-dive analysis of external and internal events/incidents and assessing the company ' s exposure to potential risks, providing effective recommendations to mitigate such risks.
- Preparing periodic reports on activity status, operational risks dashboard, trading benchmark performance, PnL and risk measures.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Previous experience working within a Middle Office or Origination role. Also, consultants with experience in trading/middle office projects can be suitable for the role. Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management frameworks would be an advantage but not essential.
- Strong and solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including excellent Excel. Good VBA knowledge and programming skills are essential.
- Knowledge of the Energy Industry and products (e.g. Gas, Power and Emissions, LNG, Oil Derivatives) is desirable.
- Outstanding project management skills, with proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work with key stakeholders to identify risks (also related to new business initiatives) and implement solutions aimed at reducing the company's exposure.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills to effectively transfer relevant messages across multiple levels within the organisation
- Ability to operate with minimum supervision on multiple projects.
- Must be able to prioritise workload in reaction to the business and functional needs.
- Full command of the English language (spoken and written), knowledge of the Italian language would be an advantage but not essential.
At Eni, people are the key to our success , which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning .
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.