Experience: 24 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Wood has an outstanding career opportunity for a Junior Level Geologist to join our Denver, CO team. This position offers opportunities to work on challenging mining, site investigation, remediation, and water resources projects throughout the US, Mexico and South America, with increasing responsibility for task management duties. Our ideal candidate has a BS degree with drilling oversight, logging, well installation and hydrogeology testing experience, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- The position is approximately 50% office work and 50% field work on mining, industrial, commercial and federal sites.
- Work under the supervision of a Senior Geologist and/or Hydrogeologist supporting our mining and environmental groups.
- Perform field work including drill rig geologist, logging drill cuttings, recording drill characteristics, monitoring and managing well installation, and development.
- Oversight and recording data for aquifer testing, and evaluation of data using standard empirical formulas and software (e.g., AQTESOLV).
- For environmental projects, experience with soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, and sampling.
- Prepare maps and cross sections of geological data. Experience with logging tools such as gINT and Leapfrog are a plus.
- Work closely with team members to develop work plans and reports.
- Will follow company and client safety standards, participate in safety training and prepare and implement site safety plans.
- Will travel to project sites in the US and international locations. Approximately 50% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS Geology or Hydrogeology or related field required.
- Professional Geologist license or ability to obtain is a plus.
- 2 to 4 years + relevant experience.
- Field experience as a rig geologist including various types of drilling method, depths drilled and types of completions.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter with good attention to detail and strong time management capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in the US and international locations. Approximately 50% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Experience with one or more 3D geospatial modeling and visualization software programs (e.g., Leapfrog, EVS, EarthVision, Petrel, etc.) a plus but not required.
- Proficiency with industry standard groundwater modeling software (MODFLOW-SURFACT and/or FEFLOW) and model pre-processors (Groundwater Vistas) is a plus but not required.
- Experience with analytical computer modeling software (AQTESOLV or similar) is a plus but not required.
- CAD experience is a plus but not required.
- MSHA 5000-23; 24 hour and annual refresher certificates a plus but not required.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER and annual refresher certificates a plus but not required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.