Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wood has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Reclamation Professional to join their Edmonton based Remediation and Reclamation Team. The succesful candidate can be based anywhere in western Canada (Alberta or BC)!
You will be working with a strong team of talented professionals across Western Canada with various technical specialties. With global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world's best people and task our project managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. We're seeking a Reclamation Professional who wants to join a team committed to being a trusted partner for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include but won't necessarily be limited to:
- Planning and executing reclamation, reclamation monitoring and management, detailed site assessments and regulatory closure applications,
- Involvement in quality control of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications, including cost estimates and budgets.
- Interpretation of provincial environmental regulations and assessment results to successfully meet client requirements.
- Lead or assist in pursuits for reclamation projects and related opportunities.
- Monitoring, mentoring and leading the growth of junior team members.
- Providing field coordination and technical oversight of projects.
- Collaborating with other Wood offices/environmental staff on projects in Western Canada.
- Some seasonal fieldwork will be expected.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in environmental science, soil or vegetation science or equivalent.
- Qualifies for registration with one of the professional organizations accepted by Alberta Environment and Parks.
- 5 plus years of environmental consulting experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in provincial reclamation regulations and processes.
- Experience completing projects in three or more of forested, peatland, subalpine or agricultural environments.
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Experience supervising and training junior personnel.
- Able to effectively communicate with existing company clients and internal Wood staff.
- Strong writing skills are required to prepare reports, proposals and other project deliverables.
- Contaminated site and remediation project experience is an asset, but not required.
- Remote site heavy equipment access planning is an asset, but not required.
- Project management experience is an asset, but not required.
- A passion for collaborating in a sustainable work environment focused on diversity, inclusion, reducing our environmental impact, and promoting sustainable development.
- A strong desire to grow in your career with Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.