Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain engineering software for use in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Contribute to the creation of system and product architecture, design, and interface definitions.
- Participate in change control decisions of products.
- Perform requirements analysis and decomposition to assist with defining product requirements and product conceptualization.
- Identify and assist in the management of intellectual property, third-party software, re-use, and compliance.
- Provide technical leadership to the organization and development team.
- Act as a technical consultant to Product Line Management, Support, Deployment, and Testing organizations, as well as to other development teams.
- Contribute significantly to product roadmaps, estimation, planning, identification of risks and issues, and development status.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers to translate needs into requirements, to explain and resolve technical issues, and to present technical solutions.
- Define strategies, guidelines, and goals for integration of components, product testing, and acceptance testing.
- Responsible for providing technical oversight for the successful implementation and test of product features.
- Resolve complex product and system issues.
- Actively engage in process improvements and execution of established processes.
- Coach and mentor peers and junior engineers.
- Analyze requirements and architecture to perform design and implementation of software applications.
- Support the creation of documentation and training material.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
This position is for an individual who participates as a high-level technical expert to apply a broad understanding of theories and principles of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to create software solutions. Analyzes, decomposes, and specifies requirements based upon understanding of business applications and engineering principles. Creates design artifacts and documentation using software engineering conventions to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers. Develops and implements detailed and complex algorithms for engineering solutions. Works with technical staff to understand problems with solutions, algorithms, and applications of engineering and mathematical principles. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from third party customers. Participates in the development of software user manuals. May act as team leader on less complex projects. Assists in training less-experienced software staff. May assist in the planning and coordination of projects. Works with software test teams to design and develop testing strategies. Assists with the definition, implementation, assessment, measurement, management, change, and improvement of the software life cycle process. Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
- Experience with development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET
- Experience in software architectual design, design patterns
- Good knowledge in WCF and/or Web Services, Microservices
- Good knowledge in Entity Framework with SQL Server
- Good concepts in OOPs, C# .Net, SQL, LINQ
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others within a distributed team environment
Qualifications Experience & Education Required:
- Good knowledge in Angular
- Working knowledge in C++ to understand the logic written in C++ modules
- Working knowledge in Angular
- Experience with the Agile Scrum process
- Software development in Oil and Gas domain
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience
- E/B.Tech/B.S degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- E/M.Tech/MS with 5+ years of software development experience.