Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Join Wood, a world leading engineering and consultancy company across energy & the built environment
Our Mining & Minerals business performs consulting, engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects globally.
Wood is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals team.Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Saskatoon, SK office. If you are looking to build upon your career and continue to develop your skills in the mining and consulting industries, we want to hear from you.
- Mechanical equipment, piping systems, and industrial HVAC including heavy industrial materials handling, mineral processing equipment, pumping, and piping design related to mining and metal processing, chemical or similar processing industries.
- Providing leadership and guidance to a team of engineers and designers.
- Responsible for development, management, and reporting of scope, schedule, and budget.
- Performing calculations for design of material handling conveyors, pump sizing, chute and launder sizing, and piping analysis.
- Writing equipment and installation specifications and datasheets.
- Evaluating vendor equipment bids
- Reviewing project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Other engineering duties as directed
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Familiarity and experience with mechanical and piping design codes, calculations, equipment selection, and specification development
- Ability to register as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan
- Experience with project controls, budgets, and schedules within an engineering consulting environment.
- Mining, metal processing, or similar industrial experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Additional assets include:
- 10+ years of related experience,
- Other mining or industrial experience,
- Construction experience, or
- Potash and uranium experience.
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.