Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Telecommunications Commissioning Lead with offshore upstream Oil and Gas commissioning experience. The location for this position will be Ingleside, TX. Starting: February 2022.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Supervise and coordinate with the I&C commissioning technicians, within the scope of the project, to a successful completion and injury free activities and tasks. This includes instrument technician oversight and assignment of systems and tasks.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning, and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's and Clients Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Coordinating the field work with the various discipline groups
- Verifying that the commissioning activities are in line with approved plans and procedures
- Staying in close contact with the Commissioning Inspectors assigned to tasks
- Addressing commissioning issues and resolving schedule conflicts with the discipline groups
- Reporting progress back to the Lead Commissioning Coordinator
- Updating and forwarding the Punch List per system to the MC/HUC Data Base Operator
- Coordinating Functional Testing of commissioned systems and engaging the Operations Team when and where needed
- Coordinating the start-up of commissioned systems with the Operations Team
- Authorizing the sourcing of commissioning and start-up spares from the inventory by the discipline groups
- The Commissioning and SU Coordinators are also tasked with preparing, under the guidance of the HUC and Lead Commissioning Coordinators, the Functional Test Procedures needed during the commissioning phase
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Other duties as may be assigned or requested
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem-solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team-oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams including but not limited to Senior Managers, Directors and Leaders, Procurement, Operations, Engineering/Technology Teams, Commercial Business Units, Global Peers , Suppliers, Third party providers, External auditors, Regulatory authorities, and the Client. Working knowledge of offshore oil and gas process, drilling, and topsides facilities including but not limited to:
- Radio systems (UHF, VHF Marine & Air Radio)
- UHF Radio Frequency Platform Distribution system
- Satellite systems (VSAT, Iridium, Sat Entertainment)
- Satellite GPS Positioning and Clocking
- Fiber Optic & Structured Cabling
- Platform Access & Security system
- Weather Observation system
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Gaitronics Public Address and General Alarm System
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Proven background including:
- Engineering degree or Technical College within Discipline.
- Proven background, 15 years minimum in offshore Oil & Gas Completion and Commissioning activities in a Lead position or Engineer's role. Proven Supervisory experience in a Commissioning role in telecommunications.
- Extensive knowledge of industry's governing documentation.
- Lead experience from previous major capital projects.
- Well-developed teambuilding, co operational- and communication abilities.
- Ability to handle responsibility and periodically high work load.
- International project experience.
- Proficient written and oral English language communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Strong computer skills and certification/completion experience are necessary.
- Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.