Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument & Controls Commissioning Lead with offshore Oil and Gas commissioning experience. The location for this position will be Ingleside, TX.
"Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required"
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Supervise and lead instrumentation commissioning technicians, within the scope of the project, to a successful completion and injury free activities and tasks. This includes instrument technician oversight and assignment of systems and tasks.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning, and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Assist the Commissioning Coordinators in executing systems tasks, activities, development, and reporting.
- Support the development and lead the execution of commissioning procedures for assigned instrumentation systems.
- Provide daily, on-site/in-field leadership, execution coordination of a multi-discipline team of instrument commissioning technicians.
- Interact with Engineering and Operations team for input and draw from experience and knowledge when executing procedures.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub System packages from construction.
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub Systems / Systems.
- Prepare job cards for Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning activities.
- Work with project HSE leadership to develop appropriate Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) for the instrument commissioning team commissioning activities.
- Ensure Technicians work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with the site procedures and PTW system.
- Read, interpret, and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Identify personnel and equipment resources necessary to perform instrument commissioning activities for assigned systems.
- Requisition parts and supplies and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Support Coordinator in management of instrumentation vendors during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems.
- Liaise with CMS Custodian ensuring integrity of database, amendments, Punch Lists and documentation, reports progress /status.
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on instrumentation systems.
- Analyze work problems and make corrections, which will facilitate the completion of assignments.
- Read, understand, and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervision and other departments.
Other duties may be assigned or requested.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem-solving abilities. Excellent communication skills and team-oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of offshore O&G facilities is required including:
- Instrument/Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment used in the commissioning of Oil/Gas Facilities
- Electronic Transmitters
- Valve Positioners
- DC Power Systems
- Analog and Discrete Signals
- Pneumatic Systems
- Hart Protocol
- Proficient in Control Logic Schemes
- Experience with various PLC, DCS, and Fire & Gas control systems
- PLC logic controls
- Process Automation
- Report writing and records maintenance.
- Permit to work System
- Cause and Effect logic relationships of equipment
- Candidate must be able to manage leads and technicians in the coordination of work
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Proven background, typically 10 years minimum in offshore Oil & Gas Completion and Commissioning activities in a Lead Technician or Engineer's role, preferably with upstream experience. Proven Supervisory experience in a Commissioning role in Instrumentation. Proficient written and oral English language communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.