Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reporting to the Lead / Senior Estimator the objective of the Estimator is to prepare competitively priced estimates in line with the required submission timescales and ensuring compliance with the Wood mandatory procedures
This role will be home based; however, it would be advantageous if you were based close to Glasgow, Darlington, Knutsford, or Leicester.
- Comply with Wood Code of Business Conduct, Anti Bribery and Corruption undertakings and the Wood mandatory and fundamental procedures.
- Support Project Sponsor at Tender Governance meetings when seeking Approval to Prepare or Submit.
- Support the Internal Bid Strategy for Tenders from both Contribution & Implementation.
- Preparation of tenders in line with specified timeline
- Ensure priced project specific risk registers are completed for tenders in the Wood approved format
- Work alongside Supply Chain function to ensure competitive quotations are received from the market on favorable terms to Wood for all Tenders being worked on.
- Arrange and present pricing reviews to senior management prior to tender submission for Tenders responsibly for, attend other pricing reviews as deemed necessary.
- Ensure liaison with internal Group departments for currency hedging and inflation advice
- Review and understand Client supplied Tender Documentation to establish Tender scope and identify any missing documentation
- Identify any clarification required from the Client to confirm / clarify any ambiguities in the Tender Documentation relating to the Tender.
- Analyse Tender supplied drawings and specifications
- Assemble accurate and well organised estimates and input into proposals in a timely manner
- Provide clear and detailed quantity take offs, Bills of Quantities / other pricing documents to reflect the scope of works.
- Interaction with the Procurement department to obtain sub - contractor quotations including technical scope and pricing requirements, once received clarify & negotiate if required to ensure quotes comply with contract documents, scope of works and required pricing inclusions.
- Produce Project Cashflows in line with payment terms and Wood cashflow requirements.
- Calculating Bonds, Warranties & Guarantee costs.
- Interaction with the Procurement Department to obtain material and equipment prices
- Input into Tender Project Programme in terms of man hours and work breakdown structures.
- Complete Client provided cost breakdown structure and pricing related documents
- Input where required into overall Tender Proposal Submission Documents
- Responding to Client Tender Clarifications post Tender Submission and attending Clarification meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain good working Relationships with all members of the T & D Team
- If successful Preparation of handover documents & Lead Tender handover to Project Delivery Team
- Effective communications
Skills / Qualifications
- Estimating experience within the Civils Industry
- Transmission & Distribution experience desired (civils, underground cabling, Overhead Lines, Substations)
- Experience of T&Ds key customers
- Knowledge of competition within the marketplace
- Effective Communicator
- Knowledge of NEC Suite of Contracts, FIDIC Yellow Book and all other main Conditions of Contract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.