Skills: MWD / LWD
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, provides on-site supervision of the Measurement-While-Drilling (MWD) process, including tool preparations, data acquisition, log generation and Quality Control (QC) and delivery of the services to the customer.
- Serves as a second man in a sub- ordinate role.
- Assists in ensuring that all data presented to the customer is accurate, timely and meets the highest service quality standard possible.
- Assists in ensuring that expected and needed data and possible problems are provided to the customer.
- Assists in providing technical consultation to all of Halliburton's clients.
- This includes mud hydraulics, Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) planning, formation evaluation, drilling tendencies, the mud system and BHA dynamics.
- Properly tests all tools and equipment before, during and after each job.
- Identifies and corrects operational problems to prevent or minimize service impact.
- Assists in accurately completing all required forms, databases and reports (i.e. service vouchers, lost/damaged equipment, radiation site survey, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) report, First Alert Database (FAD)/Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI)).
- Ensures BHA's are assembled as planned, including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Aware of customer requirements regarding directional survey procedures.
- Assists in interfacing with the Directional Driller (DD) to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- An undergraduate degree in a STEM discipline required.
- Completion of the basic M/LWD training program and 3-9 months working as a Field Prof-MWD, Assoc.
- Must have successfully passed company tests, or met task guideline requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to required standards.
- Must possess good communication, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
- Requires ability to read and interpret formation well logs and interpret directional survey information and other well site data.
- Must possess relevant on and offshore safety certificates.
- This is a field position.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Field Professional II MWD.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 116581
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.