Project Engineering Manager
Description This contractor position will be located initially in Toronto, Canada and then transfer to the jobsite near Surabaya, Indonesia (single status rotation type assignment)
Manage engineering design activities for the project. Provides technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned large/complex engineering projects, programs and contracts, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Responsible for the engineering scope, cost, schedule, safety, management and quality associated with projects.
- Manage, monitor and report on the work performance of the engineering departments on capital projects
- Review and/or develop scopes of work for the engineering departments within the various projects.
- Support senior project managers in projects.
- Evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment as approved and required.
- Provides guidance and counsel to the project and site management teams on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations.
Nature of work: Works on extremely complex issues, implements solutions through individual effort but may delegate more routine tasks to others.
Level of interaction: Collaborates with Project Managers and site leaders and interacts with external colleagues, Governmental Agencies and senior Management
Autonomy/decision making: Works under limited supervision and has significant latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may affect a group or functional area within the company.
Budgetary responsibility: Contributes to budget preparation by supplying costs and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum and ten (10) years related experience and familiarity with processes, systems, and terminology in project, engineering management and construction management, OR
- Master's degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum and eight (8) years related experience and familiarity with processes, systems, and terminology in project management, engineering management, and construction.
- Professional Engineer's license
Language Skills, Certifications and/or Training
- Fluency in English
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of mechanical engineering
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations
- Strong analytical skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bahasa language skills are a plus About Petroplan
- At least 5 years of managerial experience of capital projects in either an Engineering, Project or a Construction management role from project inception through engineering, construction and commissioning.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.