Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood Canada Ltd. is seeking an experienced Engineering Systems Specialist to join their team. The role will be based in our Calgary or Edmonton offices. All Calgary and Edmonton based candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Review requests regarding problems with technical systems, infrastructure systems, and coordinate with IT to ensure timely solutioning
- Identify and provide guidance with 3 rd party support to resolve hardware or software issues, approve solutions and provide technical consultation as appropriate
- Work with vendors and 3 rd party support to provide guidance on technology procurement needs
- Manage and oversee ES led projects as the business side stakeholder
- Business side liaison to ensure ES delivers projects on time
- To provide desktop support for AutoPlant users on a large project
- Setting up and monitoring NavisWorks sessions will be required
- Setup and support of AutoCAD and AutoPlant are essential
- Some trouble shooting and answering ES tickets between various workshare offices is a key asset
- Assist with isometric production issues from the software between Calgary and workshare offices
- MTO reporting from AutoPlant 3D model
- Coordination of workshare related project activities between other Wood offices.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10+ years of AutoPlant software administration experience
- SQL Programming skills to generate reports as per project requirement will be considered as an advantage
- Experience writing procedural documentation in a professional and accurate manner
- Must be a generalist with strong server and network understanding
- Ability to establish effective rapport with all levels of internal and external customers and provide professional customer service
- Well-developed research skills; must be able to identify learning opportunities on a continual basis
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.