Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a foreman with rack and mechanical experience in the solar field.
The employee must be able to manage, supervise and coordinate an entire job dealing with all of the various crafts that are present on the job site. The management will include the technical, safety, and human relations aspects of employment. The employee must be capable of identifying safety problems and correcting them promptly.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- The employee must be aware of the company and the customers' requirements and conditions under which they shall work.
- The employee must be able to communicate with other craftsmen so work can be scheduled, and a good work flow can be maintained.
- The employee must be capable of making an onsite inspection of each job site prior to the issuance of a permit for safety concerns.
- The employee must be able to instruct workers in any of the new procedures, new materials to be used, conduct safety meetings, maintain a good line of communication with the employees.
- The employee must be capable of dealing with the customers in a professional manner and need to assist the customer when necessary.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures.
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and coordinate activities.
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 2 Year Degree.
- General Foreman should have journeyman level experience in at least one craft.
- A General Foreman should have 2 - 5 years of experience as a Craft Foreman or similar supervisory position.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- The General Foreman must be familiar and have a good working knowledge of the company policies, safety requirements, the correct method of paper flow, and the correct forms to use for each procedure. The employee must also have a good working knowledge of the importance of the correct time sheet hours and handling.
- The employee must have a good working knowledge of the correct procedure for use and care of company tools and equipment.
- The employee must be familiar with O.S.H.A. and all other federal, state and local regulations. The employee must have attended and successfully completed the company sponsored classes on (1) OSHA 10 hour class, (2) Trenching and excavation, (3) First Aid and CPR, (4) Enroll as soon as possible in The Infinity Group Supervisors Training Classes.
- The employee must be capable of scheduling and planning work which will require very close attention to detail with regards to manpower and equipment requirements.
- The General Foreman must be familiar with the customers' requirements with regards to safety policies, work requirements, required training for employees, reporting procedures, and specifications with regards to plant engineering design and equipment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.