Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Muscat, Oman
Role: Senior Process Engineer
Type: 12 month initial contract, residential, 5 day working week
- Identify options to meet both growth and production debottlenecking aspirations
- Deliver robust, feasible and economic engineering and projects concepts for both field development or operational support requirements
- Lead feasibility and conceptual studies on new and existing facilities and perform economic analysis and lifecycle Cost analysis.
- Lead provision of engineering input to Field Development Plan in addition to field Production facilities optimization projects, gathering, disposal and injection projects.
- Coordinate, supervise and direct Concept process engineering resources whilst ensuring Concept process engineering activities are executed in accordance with company requirements and projects are delivered on plan and budget.
- Team up with other discipline engineers to ensure alignment of the responsibilities as indicated below to achieve the Company's projects and operational targets.
- Maintains team spirit within assigned personnel and encourage team working with the project team and contractor groups. Conducts design, safety and technical audits in accordance with the approved procedures and guidelines.
- Participating in Engineering Meetings, Engineering Reviews, Project Reviews and Project Management Plan reviews.
- Maintain up-to-date process models of facilities and hydraulic models for Gathering and Export pipelines.
- Lead FEED activities and deliverables including design basis, philosophies, Heat & Material Balances, process simulation, Hydraulic and transient analysis, PFD, PSFS and P&IDs
- Review of Process Engineering documents for EPC Projects
- Coordinate, supervise and approve 3rd Party studies, e.g.Feasibility studies, Conceptual studies, FEED studies
- Provide process review/approval to field change proposals (FCP's) related to process engineering.
- Develop process related Tender SOW & Specifications.
- To coach/train Fresh concept/Process Engineers.
- Adhere to all HSE standards and specification
- Min Qualification: Process Engineering Degree BSc & preferred MSC in relevant discipline
- Experience: Minimum 12 years preferred in Oil and Gas industries with a minimum 8 years' experience as concept engineer.
- Solid knowledge of Concept/process engineering principles and applications in both 'green field and brown field' environments
- Material experience in developing cost benefits analysis
- Solid foundation and knowledge of oil field economics
- Full familiarity with Project Development Cycles and Technical Authority mechanisms
- Hands on experience in software such as UNISIM and PIPESIM
- Highly developed language skills in written and spoken skills
- Previous Middle East experience essential (local experience is a plus)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.