Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saudi Arabia
Wood is currently recruiting Quality Inspectors with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry:
- Review and become familiar with the project technical requirements such as applicable codes, standards, and specifications
- Perform, as directed by supervision, various inspections, examinations, and tests to determine compliance with applicable specifications, drawings, procedures, codes, and standards
- Monitor/inspect project and construction execution by regular surveillance and/or inspection as directed by the Site Construction Manager or supervisor to ensure that they comply with project requirements. Issue surveillance or inspection reports to appropriate parties and follow up until closure as required
- Participate, when requested by the Site Quality Manager or supervisor, with the identification of nonconforming conditions and document them on nonconformance reports
- Ensure that documentation is being completed, signed off, and compiled as the work progresses so as to support turnover and record retention activities at the project site
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
- Plan, organize, and carry out assignments as directed
- Adhere to and support MAH's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
- Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
- Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
- Interacts closely with the Contractors field personnel to resolve field issues
- Investigates and monitors field conditions associated with the project's civil / Mech/ Elec elements
- Monitors and documents construction activity to ensure contractor's adherence to quality control plan and compliance with project plans and specifications
- Inspects construction operations and make recommendations to ensure that minimum quality control requirements are maintained
- Monitors bid items and tracks quantities for payment of Work
- Ensures the development and maintenance of the As-Built drawing records
- Generates Safe Plans of Action and Safety Observation Reports
- Performs quantity calculations for payment purposes
- Provides input for contract change orders, submittal responses, and RFI responses
- Maintains and manages daily inspection reports, photo documentation and thorough documentation of change order issues.
- Coordinates close-out process, including as-built drawings, punch list, technical manuals and other deliverables.
- Carrying out regular inspections on construction sites
- Working with a host of workers including surveyors and architects
- Monitoring building process from start to finish
- Testing quality of work
- Ensuring measurements and material usage follow initial plans
- Reporting to construction managers and clients
- Checking for any defects
- Making sure building regulations and safety issues are adhered to
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma level degree in Civil/Mech/Elec Engineer, with Minimum of 5 Years extensive experience.
- Considerable experience on construction sites - green and brown.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good Level in English, written and spoken
- A graduate of Diploma of Civil /Elec/ Mech Engineering with more than 5 years site experience Quality Inspection requirements, fabrication, installation and all site activities related to all Civil/Mechanical/Electrical works for construction of large-scale building projects. Familiar with all the Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Inspection methodologies as well as the corresponding equipment, materials, consumables, tools.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.