Skills: Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Looking for a long term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Production Operator in Odessa, TX. This position will primarily be responsible for providing production support to the Odessa, TX plant while maintaining safe operations. This position will require occasional weekend call-out (including nights) or holiday, and will work on a rotating shift basis. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Perform all aspects of manufacturing a product from a process order or bill of material• Operate of PC to perform various production functions such as generating process orders, inventory checks, label making, and some quality checks
- Prepare drums, pails, totes, and other containers for transport of products
- Proficient of process equipment
- Labels and placards packaged material in accordance with company policy and government regulations
- Operate pumps, valves, and other processing equipment for safe and efficient chemical production
- Operate all transporting equipment used to receive raw materials and the transport of products
- Effectively load and unload bulk materials from tankers
- Make necessary hose line-ups for loading material from tankers into vessels and vice versa
- Prepare drums and toes for loading and shipping which includes labeling of the container
- Participate in physical inventory, safety meetings, and improvements committees
- May perform necessary Quality Assurance tests
- Be able to act as a second line Production Planner as needed
- Be able to troubleshoot and repair minor problems and alert maintenance to major repairs
- Demonstrate successful ability to supervise Assistant Process Operator and Operator
- Effectively manage through "hand on" example
- Have final responsibility for production moving out of the plant in an efficient manner, maintaining a 95% on time service level
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum high school graduate or GED
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 1 year manufacturing experience
- Must have the ability to don a respirator
- Must have the ability to wear fall protection if necessary
- Willing and able to work weekends
- Willing and able to work a rotation and nights
- Ability to physically lift 50 pounds, climb stairs or ladders, and agile enough to squat and bend over (Agility Tests 1, 2a, 2b).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team Player with ability to perform physical work.
- All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.