Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a self-motivated Hydrogen Pipeline Consultant to work within our Consulting Business that is passionate about creating a sustainable energy future. The candidate will be a member of the team providing strategic consulting services focused predominantly on projects and clients involved in Hydrogen transportation. This role can be seated out of any US or Canadian city where Wood has a local office.
This is a highly visible, exciting role, where you will have responsibility for leading Wood's Hydrogen transportation strategy and delivery in the Americas. The ideal candidate will have hydrogen pipeline experience and be driven to lead and deliver major projects in the Hydrogen sector. A highly motivated individual with technical experience and strong business acumen, who is interested in making a mark in a growing international organization, will thrive in this role.
The Hydrogen Pipeline Consultant shall assist the wider Consulting business with all Hydrogen related activities, specifically pipeline transportation, by s upporting the team to win and execute Hydrogen pipeline transportation projects. I n addition, they shall:
- Lead feasibility studies for major greenfield / brownfield assets;
- Lead sustainability and energy transition projects, specifically involving Hydrogen transportation via pipelines;
- Assist with marketing and business development activities for consulting services and support the growth of the business by identifying prospective clients and developing those relationships;
- Support internal R&D activities associated with Hydrogen pipeline transportation;
- Plan and manage the execution of consulting activities during all phases of a project (Concept, Pre-FEED, FEED, and Execute);
- Supervise, motivate, and develop less senior engineers;
- Work with other staff disciplines such as facilities, civil engineering, onshore pipelines, and support teams to implement studies and designs;
- Interface directly with vendors;
- Interface directly with customers;
- Interface directly with Wood's global Hydrogen Pipeline Taskforce
- Support other discrete packages / work as required. This may involve, studies, development work, production of guidelines or other similar work
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, or similar) required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Hydrogen generation or transportation design (or similar field) with an Operator, Design Contractor, or relevant Consulting Company
- Must have at least 5 years' sales and business development experience
- Experience with hydrogen pipeline design codes and technical design preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of market drivers and technical challenges in the Hydrogen market
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Must be comfortable with public speaking and have the ability to adapt to various audiences
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to adapt to changes in priorities
- Must have highly developed written and spoken English communication skills, with the ability to create or review high quality technical reports
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Power BI an asset
- Must be an US Citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.