Company: NES Fircroft
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Sr International JV Accountant is responsible for performing the day-to-day accounting processes of Mexico operation along with working on government reporting and audit coordination initiatives. Effective communication with internal departments (Treasury, Exploration, Procurement, etc.) and external joint venture partners and accounting service provider in Mexico is essential. The role is also accountable for the timely and accurate payment submissions and ad-hoc special projects.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the abilities to learn quickly and plan ahead, be effective at performing independent research, and make recommendation on processes. And can assist teammates on challenges as well as focus on own initiatives and embrace development opportunities.
The Sr JV Accountant will work in our Houston Corporate office and may work two (2) days a week remote.
• Become the accounting liaison for the Mexico operation and help to build and improve processes with other departments as the business evolves
• Perform cost analysis and reporting, and tie back to bank statements
• Calculate and maintain Mexico bank account funding to accommodate forecasted expenditures
• Reconcile Mexico SAT registered invoices vs. invoices in SAP
• Review outgoing JIB's and prepare cash calls to partners
• Analyze monthly intercompany activities with Mexico business and prepare necessary invoices and journal entries
• Prepare coding and obtain approval timely for various government and tax authorities' payments
• Coordinate between Mexico financial auditor and local accounting vendor to ensure smooth yearly financial audit process
• Provide extensive partner inquiry support
• Prepare and reconcile JV budget
• Assist on various international JV audits and disputes, mainly Canada and Mexico
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 5 years' experience in oil and gas accounting with 3 years' experience in joint venture or international accounting
• Fluent in Spanish (read/write/conversation)
• Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
• This is not a Mexico employment role and will have minimum travel requisites
• Experience in general/intercompany accounting
• Knowledgeable in cash basis accounting
• Experience with cost recovery projects
• SAP experience
• Comfortable with performing account and bank reconciliations
• Strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.