Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer with industrial or utility experience in the St. John's, NL office. The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will collaborate with a team of mechanical, electrical and structural engineers / technicians to provide client-focused solutions.
- Conduct research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, evaluate, propose, implement and document engineering solutions for clients.
- Prepare and check engineering drawings
- Prepare and check engineering calculations (weight, flow, thermal, stress, etc.) to support designs
- Prepare specifications, reports, test plans, design bases and other technical documents
- Prepare material take-offs and bills of material
- Prepare cost estimates and schedules
- Interface with vendors to obtain technical and commercial information
- Interface with clients for project scope development, design reviews and progress meetings
- Travel to client sites during various project stages, conduct field assessments and provide construction support
- Provide technical direction to construction contractors and assess quality of field work
Skills / Qualifications
- University Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Registered as Professional Engineer with Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland & Labrador or other Canadian engineering association
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Experience with technical software such as Aspen, Caesar, Navisworks, etc.
- Technical writing proficiency
- Experience with local, national and international design codes
- Experience in an consulting, industrial and/or utility environment.
- Experience with assessment or design of industrial HVAC, piping, material handling, hydraulics, or rotating machinery
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.