Antioch, California, United States
Antioch, California, United States
Skills: NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT
Other Skills: Experience in ID tubing NDE highly desirable.
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive hourly wage based on experience and certifications. Per diem and OT available.
Location: Antioch, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Conco Services LLC is looking for an Eddy Current Testing Technician Level II for our Antioch, CA. location!
With hundreds of people working around the world, the Conco team is global, diverse and passionate about delivering quality products and services to our customers in tube cleaning, nondestructive testing and leak detection services. Conco is a long recognized leader throughout the power industry with over 98 years' experience!
What the job entails:
Responsible for coordinating, supervising, verifying the acquisition of and analyzing Eddy Current data from the condensers and heat exchangers from multiple jobs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform data analysis and interpret eddy current test results from non-ferromagnetic tubing inspections for detecting or quantifying degradation of tube wall surfaces;
- Establish techniques and procedures, interpreting codes, standards, specifications and procedures;
- Designating particular test methods, techniques and procedures to be used at each job;
- Train, examine, grade and certify lower level personnel;
- Ability to plan, prepare and set-up equipment and examine the system(s)to locate and identify cracks or other defects;
- Supervise and train lower level personnel in reporting and in evaluating the validity and acceptability of the inspection, examination, and/or test results;
- Evaluates the work of Level I Service Technicians and inspects and troubleshoots their work;
- Determines and calibrates test equipment settings according to type of inspection being performed using standard practice and manual instructions as required;
- Inventory equipment ensuring job ready status after each job and perform preventative maintenance on all service equipment;
- Evaluates results recorded by Level I;
- Ensures all documents relating to a job are prepared and processed according to established procedures;
- Answers questions and provides information related to projects including resolving problems, handling complaints and providing technical expertise in area of assignment;
- Adhere to Employee's Responsibilities section set forth in Conco's Safety Policies and Procedure Manual
- Basic knowledge of employee supervision, work planning, assignment and review of training;
- Knowledge of basic hand tools;
- Ability to climb and/or work on scaffold, climb heights and work in confined spaces;
- Travel Nation wide on short notice;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, managers and subordinates;
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment in the job site
- Oral comprehension and expression The ability to communicate, listen and understand information and direction through spoken words and sentences;
- Written comprehension and Expression the ability to read, write and understand information and ideas;
- Speech clarity the ability to speak clearly so others can understand;
- Reasoning the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction and the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Experience and Education:
- Eddy Current Level II certification with verifiable OJT hours.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in an assignment at least comparable to that of the NDE Level II in the applicable test method;
- Must pass the test requirements detailed in Quality Assurance Manual;
- High School diploma (GED or High School Equivalence Certificate accepted);
- Valid Driver's license with a good driving record;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and able to obtain a TWIC TWIC® | Transportation Security Administration (tsa.gov)
- Equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities (Documentation Required)
- Frequent lifting or moving of materials up to 50 lbs.;
- Labor intense: crouching, kneeling, crawling, climbing, balancing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, squatting, driving, sitting or standing (particularly for long periods of time);
- Ability to work in confined spaces, work high off the ground and the ability to climb scaffolding;
- Primarily perform work in nuclear, chemical and fossil fuel plants under extremely hot, cold, wet and / or noisy areas;
- Ability to travel for long periods of time (via airplane or vehicle);
- Physically submit to periodic drug, background and clearance screenings (employment is contingent upon favorable results)
Are you ready to join our team?
If you think you have what it takes to do this job, then the next step is to fill out our online application.