Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lobito, Benguela Province, Angola
Wood is currently recruiting an I&C Commissioning Coordinator with yard and offshore international commissioning experience, preferably with upstream international MCP experience.
The position will be located in US (working remotely for 1-2 months), it will then mobilize to Angola for onshore fab yard campaign and consequently offshore rotations.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required. As well as work permit to work in Angola provided by Company with requirements TBA.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Supervise and lead instrumentation commissioning team to a successful completion and injury free activities and tasks. This includes instrument leads oversight and assignment of systems.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Assist the Commissioning Manager in planning development and reporting
- Developing detailed commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned instrumentation systems
- Provide daily, on-site/in-field leadership, coordination and management of a multi-discipline team of intrument commissioning leads and technicians
- Interact with Engineering and Operations team for input and draw from past experience and knowledge when developing procedures
- Ensure preparation and approve job cards for Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning activities
- Liaise with Construction/Mechanical Completion groups on a daily basis
- Supervise the Instrument Commissioning Team in meeting scheduled deadlines and ensuring the technical integrity of work carried out
- Control of job card allocation and completion
- Assist Construction with inspection and Punch Lists of installation and vendor packages
- Acceptance of Mechanically complete sub-systems packages
- Manage the completion of walk-downs and Punch Lists of offered system/sub-systems
- Manage instrumentation/automation vendor support during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems
- Verification of Pre-Commissioning certification
- Updating and forwarding the Punch List per system to the CMS/Database Operator
- Addressing Instrumentation Commissioning issues and resolving schedule conflicts within the Instrumentation team
- Ensure all documentation; tools, consumables and equipment are available to perform work scope
- Ensure Technicians work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with site procedures and PTW system
- Coordination of Certifying Authority witnessing on site
- Coordination of functional testing of commissioned systems and engaging the Operations Team when and where needed
- Provide Operations with technical support throughout start-up, stabilization and performance testing
- Provide Turnover Coordinator with the required handover documentation, ensuring a smooth handover to Offshore Operations
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervision and other departments
- Other duties as may be assigned or requested
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of offshore oil and gas processing facilities is required including:
- Instrument/Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment used in the commissioning of Oil/Gas Facilities
- Electronic Transmitters
- Valve Positioners
- DC Power Systems
- Analog and Discrete Signals
- Pneumatic Systems
- Hart Protocol
- Proficient in Control Logic Schemes
- Experience with various PLC, DCS, and Fire & Gas control systems
- PLC logic controls
- Process Automation
- Report writing and records maintenance.
- Permit to work System
- Cause and Effect logic relationships of equipment
- Candidate must be able to manage leads and technicians in the coordination of work
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures
Education and Experience:
Proven background, typically 10 years minimum in offshore Oil & Gas Completion and Commissioning activities in a Lead Technician or Engineer's role, preferably with updstream experience. Proven Supervisory experience in a Commissioning role in Instrumentation. Proficient written and oral English language communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.