Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Supporting the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. with day-to-day legal tasks, regulatory filings and general company secretarial duties, legal administration and undertaking administrative and secretarial duties.
- Providing paralegal and administrative support for the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. in relation to corporate governance, legal administration and Company's operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific in a timely and effective manner and in conformity with Company policies and procedures, Corporate Legal advice, and the guidance of the Assistant General Counsel, E.H., Tax, Finance, Treasury, Insurance, HSE and other specialist functions and applicable law.
- Supporting the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. in all stages of commercial and corporate legal transactions including preparation of documents necessary to minimise legal risk and to comply with local and overseas regulations.
- Assisting the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. with the provision of legal support for commercial transactions, risk management, corporate governance, real estate conveyances, representation and other intermediary arrangements, joint venture and cooperation arrangements, employee relations, intellectual property, confidential disclosures, licenses, and acquisitions and divestitures in the Company's operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific in coordination with Regional management, Corporate Legal and other specialist functions.
- Promoting awareness of legal risks within the region's business management and contracting and other specialists through internal training and counselling.
- Assisting the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. in providing functional (legal) training and oversight of regional contracting staff.
- Liaising with Corporate and other Assistant General Counsel, E.H., other specialists and colleagues on regional and global policies, procedures and initiatives as otherwise as required.
- Assisting the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. and participate in the development and implementation of Corporate compliance programs, including training employees (onshore and offshore employees) and business associates on the Company's Code of Business Conduct and related policies and procedures, including the Company's Anti-Corruption Compliance Policy.
- Assisting the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. with the incorporation and formation of new companies as instructed by the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. and necessary to support the Company's operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific and to ensure the Company is compliant with its in-country registration obligations.
- Creating and maintaining an annual timetable for legal and regulatory compliance reporting for individual business units and entities arising from the Company operations in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Maintaining records of annual returns and other statutory filings as required.
- Maintaining and updating the Company's corporate entity information on the Company's chosen database.
- Drafting power of attorneys (POA) and maintaining the POA register / diarising expiry dates.
- Arranging the notarisation and legalisation of documentation including liaising with notary publics and embassy staff in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Supporting the Commercial Departments in the review / completion of pre-tender due diligence questionnaires and maintaining the due diligence register.
- Carrying out Legal and factual research including the review and monitoring of new and updated laws and regulations and preparing memorandums of advice for the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. and / or other departments are instructed / required.
- Assisting the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. with the management of external legal advisers in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Flexible to travel throughout Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific to Company and Client premises and to meet with external legal advisers as required from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Counsel, E.H. and Corporate Legal.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Assistant General Counsel, E.H.
- Experience with a law firm or in-house legal department of a multi-national company in the UK performing work as described above under Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- LLB from a UK university or equivalent law degree from another common-law jurisdiction
- Or Associates' or bachelor's plus a Law Graduate Diploma GDL/CPE Graduate Diploma.
- Legal Practice Course (PG Dip) from a UK university or equivalent from another common-law jurisdiction.
- Paralegal certificate with significant experience as a legal assistant.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to manage workload in line with key dates for delivery
- Brings a proactive, team-oriented approach to work in the Legal function;
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize
- Develops and maintains productive professional relationships with colleagues and client contacts;
- Displays excellent written and oral communication in the English language;
- Able to use standard IT tools, including MS Office and cloud-based platforms
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.