Are you an engineer with a operations focus?Would you like the opportunity to plan and design wells with innovative technology?Join our Drilling Services Team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value.Partner with the best
As a Application Engineer, you will take ownership of preparing well design, anti-collision analysis and technical operational plans or requirements. In this role, you will be involved in the planning and execution of Well Planning projects.
The main responsibilities are:
Fuel your passion
- Planning for directional and horizontal wells well design, anti-collision analysis, modeling, and analysis of various 2D and complex 3D well trajectories on onshore and offshore facilities using Baker Hughes tools & software daily.
- Discussing reservoir target with customer engineer to optimize/design trajectory, present the optimized solution and prepare supporting reports.
- Performing engineering analysis such as torque & drag, Hydraulics, workstring integrity, and bending loads. Data Validation the data input from field, before drilling.
- Analyzing and recommendations to optimized workstrings and bottom hole assemblies of various types.
- Collaborating with internal and external parties, prepare risk register and contingency plans to address specific project hazards.
- Working with customer engineers to analyze performance, assist with after action reviews, create lessons learned, and drive continuous improvement processes.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Have minimum of 2 additional years of experience in drilling engineering or rig site working experience or drilling program design experience
- Have good interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues across all businesses/cultures.
- Have excellent analytics and problem-solving skills, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information.
- Have excellent English & Mandarin oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear and simple messages.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- This role is a Full Time Regular, live in country
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.