Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Responsible for design of new products and makes improvements to existing products. Performs complex tasks and fulfills broad responsibilities where required outcomes are defined, but methods and procedures may vary based on precedent or professional judgment. Considerable latitude for unreviewed action. Confers with supervisor on unusual matters. Coordinates the work of others on projects and may assign work to and assist less experienced professionals or support staff.
- Performs fundamental engineering tasks within the established Product Development Process. These tasks include but are not limited to: strength of material, stress analysis, simple torque, tension, and compression; simple statics and dynamics; material selection, cost estimation and tolerance studies.
- Modifies existing products to meet internal or external customer requirements.
- Creates engineering layouts for fit, form and function.
- Prepares calculations and design packages as required to complete design reviews.
- Prepares, checks and or directs the preparation of detailed drawings and layouts.
- Coordinates the manufacture of prototypes.
- Conducts experimental test programs.
- Analyses test data to determine if the product meets predetermined technical specifications.
- Prepares documentation as required for Engineering files.
- Develops experimental test programs.
- Develops new products and services.
- Prevents or eliminates defects in new or existing products.
- Demonstrates an understanding of fundamental design tools such as threaded connections, seals, plated surfaces, heat treating, etc.
- Understands the key limitations and advantages to manufacturing the product in different manners.
- Conducts the analysis of failures and makes recommendations.
- Performs advanced engineering tasks such as fluid dynamics, vibrations and burst and collapse analysis.
- May utilize computer driven engineering software to complete complex analysis.
- Coordinates all activities associated with technical developments, scheduling, budgeting, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Assists others with all engineering activities to include working within the Product Development Process.
- Anticipates possible failure modes on products and recommends solutions based on experience.
- Performs comprehensive analysis of critical components to eliminate possible failure modes.
- Routinely demonstrates the ability to converge on a solution in a commercially viable amount of time in the absence of extensive guidance.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by senior management within the physical constraints of the job
- Minimum 3-7+ years related experience
- Must have Engineering Degree from ABET accredited school- Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering degree is preferred
- Experience with Magnus and Downhole Tools is preferred
- Oilfield experience is a plus- Field Engineer, MWD/LWD, DD, etc