Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Wood is currently recruiting for Engineering Computer Science or Mathematics Graduate to join our Milan team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work collaboratively within a strong team to provide data management and engineering design systems solutions to deliver some of the world's boldest and most critical projects, embracing many diverse and evolving sectors, from conventional energy and process and chemicals to renewable energy, power and mining.
The role is an integral part of the Engineering Systems and Information Management team and will be known internally as Data Management Engineer.
Task & Responsibilities
- Create/Setup/Administer project systems resources and tools (e.g. databases, Electronic Document Management System, AVEVA and Hexagon Intergraph suites, etc.)
- Coordinate with IT for resolution of hardware / software issues, interface with tool suppliers to help resolve issues raised by Project team
- Progress, quality, and completeness reporting related to generation and handover of Project lifecycle data
- Perform the Project data close out and handover to the client
- Develop engineering data quality objectives for the project with new or updates KPIs to reflect the Project Information and Data Management status
Skills / Qualifications
It is essential you are educated to:
- Degree level (or equivalent) in Mathematics or Computer Science Engineering discipline
Master Degree in Chemical / Mechanical / Energy / Electrical Engineering might be considered too
- Basic knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Basic knowledge of Information Technology in:
- Server/Desktop Microsoft Windows environment and general office tools
- Microsoft Windows operating system and Active Directory
- IT Infrastructure WAN/LAN
- Information Security and governance
Other Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proficient user of Excel and other Microsoft software
- Good knowledge of Italian and English languages
- Good communication skills essential
- Good at growing networks, ability to work as a team or on their own
- Self-motivated with a growth and learning mindset
- Relevant work experience within in other organisations may be beneficial although not essential
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Ability to form and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong ethical values and communicates with openness and honesty
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements, proactive and problem solving approach is a must
- Availability to assignement to construction site and other Wood offices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.