Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
We are recruiting for a Lead Piping Engineer for a permanent, staff role for our client in Aberdeenshire.
The Lead Piping Engineer is responsible for the supervision of all engineering and design personnel within their discipline. Responsible for the delivery and technical integrity of all discipline deliverables.
To ensure that applicable legislation, standards and procedures are applied across all aspects of Piping delivery to the Project. These include but are not limited to: British and ISO Standards, NORSOK, API, company procedures and processes, client codes and standards, HS&E Regulations and EU Directives (including PED and ATEX).
- To identify and implement safe, cost effective, fit for purpose, field proven designs.
- To maximise opportunities within design, to improve rig operability, safety and maintainability.
- To provide engineering solutions that demonstrate added value to both Archer Operations and Client, including the introduction of new technologies where appropriate.
- To provide technical input during the design phase with an emphasis on safety, constructability and maintainability of the design.
- To ensure that the cross discipline Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Maintenance, Operational and Decommissioning requirements are accounted for within the design.
- Responsible for checking and approval of design deliverables in accordance with the Discipline Checks & Approval Matrix, or as authorised by the Engineering Manager.
- To identify deviations to standards where necessary, ensuring acceptance and approval by client Technical Authorities.
- To provide technical interface with all other disciplines, subcontractors and specialist engineering vendors.
- To provide liaison and guidance to engineering vendors, including the creation of packaged equipment documentation to define the design requirements.
- To attend Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and ensure equipment meets the design requirements.
- To perform offshore surveys in accordance with the project objectives. Compilation of coherent technical reports to document the survey findings and recommendations.
- To report progress against project plans, noting any areas of concern and identifying corrective actions.
- To meet the requirements of the agreed schedule identified within the project plan for the Piping deliverables as assigned.
- To hold responsibility for the execution of small project scopes and the direction of their discipline personnel, as dicated by the Engineering Manager or Area Manager.
- Identify increase or reduction in scope, raising the necessary support documentation within the Management of Change process.
- Responsible for the discipline content in generating or checking the estimated study, design and procurement costs into a Project CTR.
- Responsible for the control of approved hours and costs within their own discipline, dealing with any potential growth in a timely manner and without exceeding approved budgets.
- To provide technical, ethical, professional leadership, support and mentoring to junior colleagues.
- To respect colleagues, clients and subcontractors at all levels, dealing with any dispute or conflict in a professional and personable manner.
- To represent Archer Engineering to Clients and Sub contractors in a professional manner.
- Identify appropriate resources for engineering works in accordance with agreed project plans.
- To provide technical input / authoring of the respective discipline element of a project including Basis of Design (BOD), Scope of Work (SOW) and Statement of Requirements (SOR).
- To provide technical assurance to a project that the BOD, SOW and/or SOR, where applicable, have been fully addressed in the design.
- To provide technical assurance to the project that previous lessons learned have been captured and incorporated into the current design.
- To provide technical input respective to discipline at project kick off meetings.
- To provide technical input and review of Archer Engineering PEM and TEM documentation.
- To provide discipline technical participation in Design Reviews, Readiness Reviews, HAZIDs, HAZOPs and inter disciplines IDCs.
- Any other reasonable duties within the job holder's level of competency and as specified by the Engineering Manager or Area Manager.
Technically competent to lead a team of discipline engineers and designers
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of UK legislation, EC directives and standards
- Solutions oriented when overcoming challenges and technical problems
- Demonstrates sound engineering judgement and is cost aware
- Proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines based on project plan requirements
Previous experience in equivalent role, with drilling contractor experience.
Offshore certification preferred.
Relevant Engineering Degree / CEng preferred.