Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
ood is recruiting a QC Coordinator (Offshore) to join our growing team in Brunei.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day-to-day activities for delivery of the Quality Management scope. This scope will cover deliverables, planning, option selection and economic reviews. This is an end-to-end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, construction, procurement, and client operations.
• Commitment to and promotion of Wood's values and ensuring the realisation of Company and
project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
• Reporting to QAQC Manager: the main functions of the role is to ensure that Quality Management
System is implemented in the project as per BSP-12 Manual & related Shell DEP and International
Code and Standard.
• Develop Project quality plan, FPD Plan, CTIV Plan, Inspection and Test Plan.
• Reviews, surveillance, witness all activities in accordance with Inspection and Test Plant (ITP) /
• Work with QA Engineer to establish and monitor Project Quality KPIs through each phase.
• Establish and manage the Project Quality Assurance processes including audits, reviews, etc., in
order to ensure that project objectives are met.
• Ensure follow up and appropriate close out of all review actions items.
• Provide Quality Assurance/ Controls support to Project team.
• Provides early feedback to the Project Team Leader on any issues, potential delays or interface
• Liaise on quality matters with contractor and vendor quality team.
• Review IFC, P&IDs, and ISOs Drawings to ensure appropriate WPS are referenced with weld
details and overall accuracy.
• Develop Quality assurance/control procedure.
• In-process surveillance to verify compliance with specified piping erection procedure including
flange alignments, torqueing and cleanliness etc.
• Performing walk down inspection and completing punch lists.
• Coordinate quality inspections and testing (NDT, PWHT) with contractor and sub-contractor.
• Coordinate TPI inspection and issue IRN once inspection been completed.
• Coordinate and monitor non-destructive testing.
• Inspect / review product material, weld quality and testing to ensure compliance with Code,
Standards and Specifications.
• Ensure all project quality assurance/control documentation is compiled and completed in a timely
matter and meeting deadlines.
• Work with QA Engineer to identify and control all NCRs, CAPAs, QOCs.
• Reviewing and verifying completeness of piping test packages (hydro or pneumatic) prior to testing.
• Completing and endorsing all inspection records from initial inspection till final acceptance of the
• Plan and carry surveillance audit.
Skills / Qualifications
• A demonstrable commitment to safety in the workplace; leading by example.
• Attention to detail, commitment to a "Right-First-Time" ethos.
• Good coordination, interpersonal skills
• Good written skills, ability to present data in a clear and concise manner.
• Self-motivating, well organized, resourceful and proactive.
• Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude and a commitment to
meeting and maintaining compliance.
Competence and experiences:
• HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering
• Passed IRCA Registered course as Lead Assessor
• Minimum CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector Qualification
• Minimum PCN Level 2 in Radiographic Interpretation
• Have or have had 2 additional NDT qualifications
• Minimum BGAS Grade 2/NACE Level 2 Coating Inspector
• Min 10 years in QA/QC, inspection and auditing of which 5 years as Senior QA/QC Engineer or
• Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power point
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.