Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Supervisor / Senior Mechanic
LOCATION: Offshore; Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-Submersible
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment and systems.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Formal Technical Certificate from a recognized body
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the military, offshore drilling or heavy industrial environment
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Previous offshore experience, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- BOISET / HUET
- Safe Gulf / RigPass
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Ensure that all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
- Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
- Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department.
- Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and tools.
- Ensure all relevant governing documents are revised when required and adhered to by direct reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PuglisevichUSA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Senior Mechanic (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: