Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bay City, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an I & E Technician in Bay City, TX.
**Candidates must live local, within a 45 mile radius of Bay City, TX**
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
• Maintenance and Repair on all electrically driven equipment in the facilities and Platform;
• Maintenance and Repair on all Generators;
• Installation, Maintenance and Repair to all air conditioning units;
• Calibration and Maintenance of Plant and Platform instrumentation;
• Breakdown and repair work to Power Plants switchgear;
• Maintain and repair all commercial domestic equipment;
• Repair and maintenance on heavy plant and other equipment;
• Maintenance and repair to Gas Analysis equipment.
• Carries out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software) associated with controlling facilities.
• Maintains communications protocols for the various networks and hardware for human-machine interfaces (HMI).
• Loads and configures software on microprocessors and computerized systems.
• Organizes and maintains backup copies of the facility's PLCs and programmable equipment.
• Tests, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs various flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters and their associated control valves.
• Organizes and directs daily work for assigned Trainees.
• Carries out routine and planned preventative maintenance on electrical systems and equipment.
• Carries out maintenance and repairs to turbine control systems
• Carries out work on all instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner under a "Permit to Work" system.
• Identifies and obtains required spare parts from the onsite warehouse inventory.
• Responds to operational breakdowns on a 24-hour basis.
• Recommends all remedial actions necessary to prevent possible recurrence.
• Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the STOP program (Safety Training Observation Program).
• Reviews and become familiar with the Client's equipment and maintenance procedures;
• Reviews from a maintenance perspective and comment on the B3 design documentation;
• Participates on PHA, operability, maintainability, reliability, and LOPA/SIL review teams;
• Monitors topsides fabrication progress to assure maintainability issues are identified and addressed and to witness commissioning activities;
• Participates in package training classes and learn equipment maintenance requirements and procedures;
• Assist in developing PMRs and training materials for the B3 facility.
• Provides maintenance support to the commissioning and start up team
Skills / Qualifications
- Valid Driver's License
- 5+ years of field operations experience in the oil/gas industry
- Ability/willingness to travel 10% of the time
- I&E maintenance and project experience
- Able to read P&IDs, ISOs, Plot Plans, etc.
- 3+ years direct maintenance experience
- Extensive working knowledge of field operations, construction operations
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, Word, Access, Excel, etc.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, team-building, and people development skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.