Skills: Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our team in Reading. Wood has recently been highly successful in securing work and has a strong portfolio of major projects. We currently have exciting opportunities to support successful delivery of this work. The successful candidate will be based in our Reading office in the UK, which is a Wood Centre of Excellence for Project execution.
Given the range of current and potential projects, execution experience of Major FEED or EPCm for Petrochemical, Refining or Onshore Upstream greenfield projects is important. Experience in executing Middle Eastern projects is also preferred but not essential.
- Drive HSSEA culture and performance, ensure it is understood and implemented by all assigned project personnel.
- Accountable for management of large complex projects, or sub-projects within a larger project
- Act as the primary contact with Wood's Clients and maintain great relationships with them. Manage client expectations and balance them with Wood's business objectives.
- Achieve schedule, performance, cost, quality, health, safety and environmental requirements of the project from contract award to Client's acceptance.
- Achieve Wood's expected project revenue and margin outcomes
- Identify the objectives for the project in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and Wood Policy. Communicate them clearly to the project team, department heads and Client
- Responsible for the identification, mitigation and management of risk on the assigned project. Ensure that the risk management process is followed, and the risk register maintained as a live document throughout execution.
- Negotiate contract changes when required
- Monitor and expedite account receivables for the project
- Maintain cost awareness of all project personnel throughout the project execution.
- Positively encourage and support the project's agreed workshare strategy, supporting other Wood execution centres and representing Wood as an integrated and collaborative business to our Clients
- Responsible for timely issue of the project Monthly Progress Report. Critically review all inputs and ensure it meets contract requirements for timing and content
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering, or demonstrable experience in Project Management within the Oil and Gas Sector.
- Strong project-based delivery experience; strategic thinking; oral and written communication skills
- (Preferable) Chartered Member of an appropriate Institute or Association
- demonstrable experience in the oil, gas, petrochemical or associated process industries
- Experienced in project execution of FEED, EPC/EPCm, PMC Capital Projects preferably as Project Manager.
- Familiar with the current application of computer systems to execution of major projects and able to make decisions which optimise their use within budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information
- Broad understanding of the business drivers for relevant industry clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.