Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Wood has an exciting opportunity for Project Manager's to join our Renewables team. We are one of the UK's leading technical advisory organisations specialising in renewable energy power generation, including wind, solar, hydro, marine and bio energy technologies. Our success to date is based on in-depth engineering knowledge and experience, applied in a practical manner to provide the best possible solutions and advice to our clients.
Following significant bid activity, we are looking for suitable candidates to join our team working on a range of projects. The role will be based in Glasgow however hybrid and flexible working options are also available.
- Provide project management and technical advisor/ owners engineer services to a range of multi-disciplinary renewable energy projects, with an initial focus on the pre-construction and construction phases of onshore wind developments, particularly international projects
- Lead and interface with a team of specialists to progress and deliver renewable energy projects through pre-construction and construction phases
- Progress projects in accordance with the pre-defined budgets, deadlines and quality requirements
- Lead and contribute to the development of technical schedules of EPC, BoP, and TSA contracts
- Lead Invitation to Tender (ITT), tender evaluation and contract negotiation processes
- Act on behalf of clients to interface with contractors, monitor and report on contractor's progress and compliance with their contracts
- Contribute to business development activities and assist in securing new projects and opportunities for the company
- Draft robust proposals for submission to our clients
- Ensure health and safety considerations are integral to the delivery of projects and project tasks
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering, technical or scientific discipline
- A postgraduate qualification related to renewable energy or significant knowledge of a range of renewable energy system technologies
- Experience in the pre-construction and construction phases of onshore windfarms
- Experience in project management for a renewable energy technology development
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment
- International experience of developing renewable energy projects
- Knowledge of forms of contract and/or experience in contract negotiations
- CSCS or equivalent site safety passport and a practical understanding of safety regulations.
- Willingness for occasional worldwide travel
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.