Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer to join our Renewables team based in Glasgow.
You will represent Wood as a key technical resource by sharing knowledge and experience to aid overall development of competencies within the Team, Group and Company to enhance overall project delivery to clients.
- Support the Civil team's programme of projects to ensure the company's GM targets are being maximised whilst delivery of the works on time with the goal of exceeding client's expectations
- Provide technical assistance and support to all other areas of the business in line with particular area of expertise
- Ensure health and safety considerations are integral to the delivery of projects and project task
- Support the Team Leader to monitor and report on the financial status of all Civil Team projects
- Support the Team Leader to ensure the profitability of the team is maximised by minimising non-chargeable time
- Assist the Team Leader develop a suite of project controls to enable efficient and accurate monitoring of the internal and external aspects of projects
- Upwardly report on the status of projects, projects and opportunities
- Disseminate company information and required working practices to the Civil Team as required
- Assist the Team Leader to identify and carry out business development activities to support the winning of new work
- Assist the Team Leader to review of project proposal information to aid in winning new work
- As subject matter expert, ensure knowledge and skills transfer and support to the team to optimise performance and employee capability When appropriate, Mentor team members and assist Team Leader to lead, coach, motivate and develop members of Civil Team
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience of developing renewable energy systems technology projects is essential for this role
- You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a highly numeric or Science/Engineering based subject. A higher degree (or equivalent) is desirable
- You will hold Chartered status and will have recognised Project Management training. CDM awareness is also a requirement
- You will have the ability to delegate responsibilities and support the Team Leader to allocate suitable resource
- You will also be able to review documents (report, proposals etc) to high standard from a technical, commercial and quality point of view and feedback to authors to promote continuous improvement
- The ability to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and produce good quality management data for director level decision making is essential
- You will have strong organisational and analytical skills to allow delivery of tasks in a logical and methodical manner and will be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the company's financial and commercial requirements
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.