We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer to join Cameron's Process Systems team, part of Schlumberger group, at our office in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Cameron's Process Systems group designs, engineers, and fabricates specialist oil, gas, water and solids processing equipment packages and facilities. These packages vary in size and complexity from single train vessels to multi deck 2000t modules for both onshore and offshore facilities. For further information see company website .
- Process Engineering activities for Cameron products during the proposal and project execution phase
- Review customer inquiries and prepare proposals.
- Design "oil and gas field" process equipment packages.
- Perform engineering tasks during project execution.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Often take a lead role directing the activities of other team members.
- Evaluate customer inquiries and specifications to determine the best process or equipment design for the application. Includes determining the required scope of work to be provided and developing the best strategy to win the technical proposal.
- Design equipment to match specifications or clearly define differences (clarifications or exceptions list) to customer.
- Submit technical proposals that include a clear definition of the scope of supply, equipment performance, warranty, and delivery. Present the proposal in a way that positively enhances Cameron's position to receive the order.
- Develop "deliverables" for cost estimating, design engineering, and drafting.
- Lead the development and creation of all project drawings including P&ID's, vessels, structural and piping. Ensure that all drawings match, and that any changes are picked up on all applicable drawings.
- Coordinate, review and approve estimating activities of the various departments involved with the proposal to prepare the cost estimate.
- Confirm compliance with the customer's purchase order regarding the proposal technical and process requirements.
- Perform complex process simulations utilizing Cameron defined software. (Hysis or Citrix based softwares)
- Create / review / comment on complex PFDs and P&IDs and perform P&ID walk-downs on fabricated equipment.
- Recommend, specify and requisition major buy-out equipment items such as heat exchangers and pumps.
- Perform equipment process design and mechanical design.
- Perform line sizing calculations.
- Select and locate level control equipment.
- Recommend control valve types and define PSV sizing basis.
- Generate Control Narrative and Control Philosophy documents.
- Develop cause and effect charts and participate in client HAZOP or lead internal HAZOP.
- Produce Installation, Operating (Start-up and Shut-down) and Maintenance Instruction manuals, including lists for Consumables, Special Tools, Lubricants, and Utilities.
- Prepare instructions for Long Term Storage of equipment.
- Perform final review of Project Job Manuals.
- Develop equipment data sheets and estimate equipment weights.
- Perform Peer Reviews of team design work including proposals, cost estimates, deliverables, and fabrication drawings.
- Perform on site start-up and / or troubleshooting.
- Assist Logistics with developing import and export documentation for systems and products.
- Approve and follow engineering project schedule, coordinate design work with Coimbatore as applicable, forecast man-hour estimates and utilize MOC process.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge, skills and experience to contribute to multiple issues / projects.
- Ability to develop process / equipment scheme and layout from conceptual design basis considering operability, maintenance and safety.
- Ability to size process equipment to meet design criteria.
- Ability to produce PFDs and P&IDs.
- Ability to create process simulations utilizing Cameron defined software.
- Ability to size lines, control valves, PSVs.
- Excellent knowledge of all materials of construction and their application.
- Working knowledge of ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and 2 and ASME B31.3.
- Working knowledge of applicable API guidelines.
- Ability to convey mechanical design details to drafting personnel for the preparation of fabrication and layout drawings considering operability, maintenance and safety.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering, with 10 - 20 years experience in the design and selection of process equipment for the Oil and Gas Industry or Master of Science Degree in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering with 7 - 15 years experience in the selection of process equipment for the Oil and Gas Industry; or equivalent experience.
- In depth knowledge of national and international codes and standards for oil field process equipment design, shop fabrication procedures, inspection and NDE requirements, shipping preparation and terms, and field installation and start-up procedures.
- Highly competent in process equipment design and sizing.
- Hands on experience with field start-up and trouble shooting experience of systems produced.
- Clear understanding of the various raw material types, grades, and selection criteria.
- Experience / skill with multidiscipline project engineering functions.
- Willing to work in Petaling Jaya and open to international travel.
- Fluent in English and Malay language
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: company website