Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Start Date: October 2021
Duration: Long-term contract assignment POSITION OVERVIEW
Production Engineer reports to the Manager, Production and Maintenance Coordination and is responsible for closely working with the Production Engineering Team to support assigned Operational Readiness (OR) and Risk Register (RR) items.
This would include but not be limited to supporting the development of plant optimization and monitoring tools specific to all sections of the LNG facility, departmental KPIs, Production Reporting Tools, catalysts and chemicals inventory management. KNOWLEDGE
Understands the principles of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and hydrocarbon process chemistry as applied to an operating process unit. Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes and the methods used to keep process facilities safe. Familiar with P&ID and PFD facility drawings. RESPONSIBLITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Assist with the development of daily Production status report templates depicting all critical information and data for Production Management. This includes Inlet Feed Gas measurement and allocation, Fuel Gas consumption, LNG/NGL Production, Emissions and Waste measurements, and Efficiency monitoring.
- Assist with development of departmental KPIs
- Assist with development and utilization of forecasting and scheduling tools.
- Assist with development and utilize scheduling tools that monitor process efficiency and make improvement recommendations that will increase productivity.
- Assist with development of tools for monitoring and ordering catalyst and chemicals needed to manage the facility.
- Support procedure development related to capital projects, temporary or new modes of operation, and compliance.
- Reinforce safety and environmental awareness through frequent job observations and by interfacing with plant personnel.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical or Petroleum Engineering. A Professional Engineer's (PE) License is a plus but not required
- Experience: Three plus (3+) years demonstrable experience as a Production Engineer or Process Engineer on in a Process Plant or Operations Type environment.
- Strong analytical, leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers (Plant Manager, plant supervision and plant workers) whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding and interpretation of P&ID's, HMB and complex loops and control logic
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.