Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Skills: Geoscience Technician, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Wood's teams of professionals offer a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas and clean energy.
We have an exciting opportunity for Geotechnical/Materials Professionals to join our group in Fort McMurray, AB. These opportunities are available to both Engineers as well as Technologists.
- Promote safety culture by ensuring site specific HSE policies and safety standard procedures are adhered to
- Monitor geotechnical drilling, instrumentation installations, and core sample collections
- Installation various instruments pertaining to slope stability and foundation assessments
- Construction monitoring
- Materials field and laboratory testing
- Instrumentation monitoring
- Geotechnical Core logging
- Report writing of field and laboratory results
Skills / Qualifications
- College diploma or University degree in Geotechnical, Geological, Construction or Civil Engineering
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Sound knowledge of soils (including the unified soil classification system)
- Geotechnical Drilling experience, specifically with the installation of geotechnical instruments
- Construction Monitoring experience
- Experience working in the Alberta Oil Sands region is an asset
- Flexibility to work a variety of schedules (from 1 week on up to 3 weeks on shift (days / nights))
- Good communication skills and attention to detail is a requirement (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (word and excel)
- Capable of working in adverse weather conditions and working long, physically demanding and varied hours in remote locations
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and conduct other physically strenuous tasks such as shoveling and augering, etc.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscience with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working around heavy equipment an asset
- Unrestricted Class 5 driver's license that is valid in the province of Albeta is required for
- Ability to provide driving abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.