Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Evansville, Indiana, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer/Project Manager with experience in the plastics compounding industry. In this position you will be responsible for the engineering and design support of a compounding facility as part of that facility's site engineering team and for providing leadership for the other members of the site group in our customer's facility in Evansville, IN.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Ensures that clear and complete scopes, schedules, and budgets are prepared and accepted by the client for assigned projects
- Execute jobs while meeting safety, scope, schedule, quality and budget goals
- Performing field walks and technical research for the collection of needed design information
- Develop cost and material estimates and preliminary design studies
- Document system configurations/arrangements
- Using CAD systems design equipment layouts and interconnections including both modifications to existing systems and new systems
- Using CAD systems design changes to electrical and instrument systems supporting solids handling and conveying systems
- Be knowledgeable of equipment and material specifications so that you can determine if all information required for purchase, fabrication and construction is reflected on drawings
- Construction support in order of importance:
- Customer's Plant Safety
- Manage other contractors to complete their scope of work
- Manage construction day-to-day and coordinate between work groups (operations, engineering and contractors)
- Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master's in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering
- 7-15+ years of industry related experience, experience managing projects a plus
- Ability to work in and foster a strong team environment with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Ability to quickly comprehend the project scope, specifications and design criteria
- Experience using current versions of (in decreasing order of importance):
- Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with:
- Electrical systems as used in industrial applications
- Power transformers, switchgear, and motor control centers
- Power distribution panels
- Plant general arrangement drawings
- Instrumentation for monitoring and control
- Able to read and understand single line drawings and schematics
- Understanding of Arc flash risk assessment and protective device coordination
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good presentation skills.
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings a plus
- Previous experience with plastics compounding and extrusion a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.