Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Plan, supervise all rope access work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- NDT inspection using Ultrasonic / Radiography / M agnetic Particle / Liquid or Dye Penetrant / Eddy C urrent Techniques based on client / Site requirements.
- Supervise NDT inspection team (NDT + Rope Access NDT)
- Plan, supervise all Rope access work.
- Train and guide Level 2 and Level 1 personnel.
- Sign off NDT reports.
- Responsible for offshore/onshore inspection.
- C onfined Space Standby Rescue
- Visual Inspection
- M entoring and coaching of host country nationals
NON - ESSENTIAL
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Undertake specific pro j ects as instructed by management.
S af et y
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Actively participate in safety meetings and tool box talks as required by company and client.
Ensure that Radiation Safety procedures are adhered to at all times and that required documentation is kept updated.
Ot h er
C arry out work in accordance with the C ompany H ealth, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated M anagement Systems on the C ompany.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Supervisor y Responsibi l ities
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Corrosion Supervisor
- Malongo Contract Superintendent
- Angola Ops Manager
- IRATA Level 3 - Rope Access
NOTE: Will be required to undergo competency check by OI RA Manager.
- PCN/CSWIP/ASNT/RT - Level 2 - Radiographic Testing
- PCN/CSWIP/ASNT/UT - Level 2 - Ultraconic Testing
- PCN/CSWIP/ASNT/MT - Level 2 - Magnetic Particle Testing
- PCN/CSWIP/ASNT/PT - Level 2 - Dye/Liquid Penetrant Testing
- PCN/CSWIP/ASNT/VT - Level 2 - Visual Testing
NOTE: Third Party ASNT certificate holders will be required to undergo Oceaneering Certificiate and successful completion is a mandatory requirement to acquire this position.
- PCN/CSWIP/ASNT/ET - Level 2 - Eddy Current Testing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years experience in corrosion monitoring/mapping
- Minimum 5 years experience in NDT inspection in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 5 years experience in NDT inspection in the Oil and Gas Industry utilising Rope Access
- Radiographic Interpretation and UT TKY are a plus
- Familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques
- Previous experience of coaching and mentoring
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suits
- Gives and receives constructive feedback while coaching and mentoring activities
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within the work group
This position is considered SITE/INDOORS which is characterised as follows:
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Includes exposure to contaminants and chemicals
- Requires working with radiation
- Requires working at heights
- Requires working in cramped confined work spaces and getting into awkward body positions
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift up to 25kg
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting and reaching
- Lift up to 20kg
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.