Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Nailsea, United Kingdom
Join Our Team
In this role, you will be responsible for supplier quality activities for multiple products/projects.
This will include first piece qualification, audits, tactical support and strategic improvement projects. You will complete supplier qualifications as required to ensure that assigned suppliers have capability and processes to deliver high quality products.
The successful candidate must have experience implementing processes and using Quality Assurance techniques such as FMEA, APQP
Partner with the best
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and improve quality processes that will drive down Defects and Cost of Quality
- Conduct surveillance audits to assess supplier's process, products and quality management system; be detailed oriented when auditing processes.
- Conduct thorough Root Cause Analysis and implement Corrective and Preventive Actions for identified non-conforming materials
- Monitor supplier non-conformance performance and internal defects; identify and drive process analysis.
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers toward assuring product / process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications
- Work closely with Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and delivery requirements
- Drive proactive Quality Assurance model throughout the supply chain
- Fundamental understanding of inspection techniques
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and ability to fluently use six sigma and quality assurance tools such as PFMEA, 5Whys, process mapping and fishbone
- Ability to travel 30% of the time (International & Domestic)
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Green Belt certified or equivalent Quality certification
- Complete SQE certification within 24 months in the role
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Proven Quality related experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to required Baker Hughes sites and suppliers (30%)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.