Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The successful candidate is required to meet at least 80% of the following requirements:
- Petroleum engineering, geosciences, or similar degree with experience in upstream oil and gas operations
- Effective communication in English and Spanish, including presenting technical solutions to senior engineering audiences
- Self-starting attitude and willingness to learn beyond the scope of the job
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of oil and gas technologies and applications
- Documented experience with Real-Time Operations monitoring software
- Influencing and leadership abilities within technical groups
- Ability to work unsupervised in different locations both internal and external
- Willingness to support critical operations on the well-site when required
- Engaging personality willing to spend time interacting with stakeholders and client engineering teams
- Highest personal values and integrity
The preferred candidate should demonstrate the following experience to be considered for this position:
- 8-10 years of experience
- Real-time operations monitoring and drilling performance management
- Hands-on experience with drilling and completion engineering including planning, design, program preparation, operational sequence preparation for wells in Mexican sedimentary basins
- Wellsite experience is valued but not mandatory
- Application of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis on drilling and completion operations
- Applied understanding of recordable drilling and completion parameters and measurements, data feeds, transmission standards, time plots, and depth plots
- Understanding of statistical analysis, benchmarking, root-cause analysis, and continuous improvement
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced Excel (pivot tables, pivot charts, what-if analysis, etc.)
- Programming language knowledge (Python, R, VBA, etc. is desirable but not mandatory)
- PowerBi knowledge is a plus
- Internal or external consulting role experience monitoring real-time operations as geoscientist, drilling, or completion engineer
- Subject matter expert in geosciences, drilling, completion, well intervention, or workover operations
- Knowledge of international and local regulations
- Documented experience solving drilling and completion operational problems using innovative strategic thinking
- Offset well analysis applied to hazard identification and quality improvement strategies