Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Drilling Section Leader
SUPERVISES: Driller and Drill Crew
SALARY RANGE: $165,000.00 - $188,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Four (4)
JOB SUMMARY: Organize the execution of drilling and well operation in a safe manner according to plans and procedures and actively follow up the ongoing operation in the field. Toolpusher is delegated duties for day-to-day operational planning and execution of lifting operations in his/her work area.
- Drilling Technical Courses or Equivalent
- 1-2 years experience as Toolpusher on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater AKMH Semi-Submersible
- 3+ years experience as Driller on a 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater AKMH Semi-Sub
- 6+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 5+ years previous experience with AKER and MHWirth equipment
- Recent (within the last 1-2 years) Harsh Environment Experience
- Well Control Level 4 Surface + Combined
- HPHT Experience (while in leading offshore position)
- WellTest Experience
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling equipment
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Supervise the drilling and well operation in accordance with Seadrill's vision and values.
- Maintain good working relations between the drill crew and all other personnel onboard.
- Know your Driller.
- Ensure that all are familiar with the operational plans and own tasks.
- Take necessary action against unacceptable behaviour.
- Monitor relations between the drill crew members and other personnel.
- Assign tasks to the Driller.
- Correct unacceptable behaviour
- Perform/ensure on the job training.
- Be in accordance with competence requirements at all times.
- Know status on your crew members vs. competence assurance system
- Ensure acceptable level of crew competence and act when insufficient.
- Decide correct tempo on the operation based on crew competence.
- Hands on supervision of the drilling and well operation.
- Supply written instructions (DDIs) to the Driller as required.
- Ensure that checklists are ticked off and preparations are made in due time.
- Verify quality of pipe tally, calculations, trip sheets and other paperwork required for well operations.
- Organize and follow up the first line maintenance system for drilling equipment.
- Relieve the Driller as required.
- Prepare daily drilling report.
- Ensure that the drilling equipment is operated in a proper manner within its capacity limits and at the correct tempo.
- Ensure good communication between all involved in the ongoing operation.
- Ensure that the drill crew are trained, and the equipment is set up to handle emergency situations (e.g. well control, loss of position, heavy weather).
- Ensure correct performance and reporting of jobs done in the First Line Maintenance system for drilling equipment.
- Instruct the Driller.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
Seadrill Management System
- Perform all work in accordance with relevant requirements.
- Know all relevant requirements.
- Transfer experience to operational procedures.
- Stop work that does not comply with requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Toolpusher Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: