Skills: Rig Manager, WellSite Supervisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Offshore Installation Manager
SUPERVISES: Electrical Supervisor, Subsea Supervisor, Mechanic Supervisor, Assistant Technical Section Leader
SALARY RANGE: $163,000.00 - $187,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract ; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Two (2)
JOB SUMMARY: Manage the technical department in cooperation with other department leaders, customer, and third-party representatives to execute the maintenance and monitoring of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical facilities in a safe manner according to plans and procedures. Technical Section Leader is delegated duties for day-to-day operational planning and execution of lifting operations in his/her work area.
- 1-2+ years experience as a Technical Section Leader on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 4+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 4+ years experience from Posmoor ATA operations on Semi-Submersible
- 4+ years experience with AKER, MHWirth, MHDAT, Wartsila and Cameron equipment
- Canadian Chief Engineer License (Unlimited) MOU Surface or STCW Equivalent
- Recent (within the last 1-2 years) Harsh Environment Experience
- 4+ years experience on Harsh Environment MOU's
- Command and Control/Management of Major Emergencies
- Well Control Level 2
- Broad range of mechanical, electrical skills and troubleshooting techniques
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that all those who organizationally are under him/her have the necessary knowledge and practical experience to be able to carry out the work requested of them in a safe and professional manner. He is furthermore responsible for the general safety training within his/her area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment onboard, including cranes He is furthermore responsible for seeing to it that all repairs of the rig structure itself or repairs of facilities and mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment are executed in a professional manner. He shall in addition ensure the repair of drilling equipment on the request of the Drilling Section Leader.
- Responsible for ensuring that the drilling vessel/installation at all times has the necessary supplies and spare parts for the running of all onboard machinery.
- Responsible for seeing to it that systematic maintenance is carried out on the vessel/installation and its facilities and equipment and that the maintenance system is used.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his/her superior.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Carry out or assist in jobs or projects requested by his/her immediate superior.
- Responsible for lifting equipment as per procedure PRO-00-0103 Safe use of lifting equipment, appendix: A.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Technical Section Leader Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: