Skills: Subsea Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader
SUPERVISES: Subsea Engineer, Subsea Technician
SALARY RANGE: $181,000.00 - $195,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract ; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Two (2)
JOB SUMMARY: Subsea Supervisor is overall responsible for providing technical support for sub-sea operations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or educational equivalent from an accredited technical school or comparable military experience
- 1+ years as a Subsea Supervisor role with MUX (electrohydraulic subsea systems) experience
- Subsea Assessment
- 4+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 4+ years' experience with Cameron equipment
- Recent (within the last 1 year) Harsh Environment Experience
- 14+ years experience on Harsh Environment MOU's
- Well Control Level 3 Surface + Combined
- Working knowledge of technical calculation required for subsea operation
- Read and decipher drawings, electrohydraulic circuit diagrams for competent evaluations of troubleshooting techniques
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to positions (i.e., basic desktop applications, project planning software, and computer-based maintenance system)
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Overall responsible for organizing the subsea function on board the unit and provide support and assistance in order to contribute to continuous technical uptime within own area of responsibility.
- Undertake the installation/dismantling as well as operation and maintenance of the blowout stack and its control system.
- Carry out daily maintenance of tension systems for risers and guidelines.
- Carry out daily maintenance and service of the heave compensator.
- Have special knowledge of and responsibility for the BOP control system (MUX) on the unit.
- Keep the work area, tools, and parts clean and in good repair.
- Order, through the immediate superior, any required spare parts for all planned and non-planned maintenance and repair.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his/her superior.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Subsea Supervisor Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: