Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Rig Manager
SUPERVISES: Marine Section Leader, Drilling Section Leader, Technical Section Leader, Safety Officer, Rig Administrator and Medic
SALARY RANGE: $209,000.00 - $231,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Two (2)
- Overall responsible for the entire unit and operations.
- The OIM is the Master of the unit and has the responsibilities and authority as outlined for masters in maritime legislation and international conventions.
- Company's onboard representative.
- Manage the unit and all operations through department leaders to ensure that all operations are conducted in a safe manner according to plans and procedures.
- Closely cooperate with customer and third-party representatives.
- Manage the units compliance to COF and OA
- Deputy Ship security officer
- Canadian OIM License MOU Surface or STCW Equivalent
- Canadian Master Mariner (Unlimited) License or STCW Equivalent
- 9+ years experience as an Offshore Installation Manager on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 15+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 10+ years Experience from Posmoor ATA operations on Semi-Submersible
- Recent (within the last 1-2 years) Harsh Environment Experience
- DP Unlimited Certificate
- Command and Control/Management of Major Emergencies
- Person in Charge (PIC) Assessment
- Stability and Ballast Control MOU Surface
- Well Control Level 4 Surface + Combined
- STCW Ship Security Officer
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Secure and monitor good working environment.
- Promote Seadrill values and a just culture.
- Know your leaders and how they lead.
- Know your crews, and how they relate to each other.
- Act upon unsatisfactory behaviours and/or crew compositions.
- Assign tasks to the department leaders.
- Nominate candidates for promotion.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Ensure that the Competence Assurance System is functioning.
- Ensure that all personnel on the unit are duly qualified and certified for the positions they hold.
- Nominate candidates for external training/education.
- Ensure on the job training on all levels in all departments.
- Identify and follow up deviations from Seadrill competence requirements.
For DP vessels
- Ensure that Drilling Section Leaders are acquainted with relevant well specific operating guidelines (WSOG) and procedures for emergency disconnect of LMRP
- Ensure that Drilling Section Leaders are acquainted with stipulated limitations associated with DP
- Ensure that there is an open and active communication line between Driller and DP Operators
- Superior authority onboard to initiate or stop any operation.
- Operations organization and follow-up.
- Ensure detailed planning (DI and DDI) is conducted where applicable.
- Ensure that all operations are conducted in accordance with valid requirements and procedures.
- Ensure that the crews are trained to handle emergency situations (e.g., well control, fire, loss of position, heavy weather, etc.).
- Ensure that the rig's safety organisation, including working-environment committees, is set up and functions.
- Shall confer with department leaders regarding safety and issues within respective departments.
- Set the standard for tidiness and cleanness and ensure compliance.
- Spend time in the field and monitor daily operation.
- Relieve the DPO/CRO as required.
- Cooperate with shore management, department leaders, customer and third parties.
- Report non-compliances to Rig Manager and client.
- Approve the daily operations report (DODA).
Equipment and systems
- Be familiar with the structural conditions of the unit and ensure that the structural loads during any operations are within the unit's accepted load limits.
- Ensure that the unit's certificates are valid and onboard.
- Ensure that updated versions of documentation procedures and instructions on equipment and systems are available on board, and that the maintenance system is used according to requirements.
Seadrill Management System
- Keep updated on SMS and ensure that leaders and crew have knowledge of relevant requirements.
- Ensure compliance with SMS, relevant requirements in authority regulations and the in-force contract with the client.
- Ensure operational after-action review and that learning is captured in SMS.
- Initiate update of SMS if required.
- Conduct Masters annual review.
- Authority to initiate any measure including deviating from the SMS to ensure the safety of the unit and crew.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Offshore Installation Manager Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: