Skills: Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew, Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Offshore Installation Manager
SUPERVISES: Roustabout, AB Seaman, Engine Room Operator, Dynamic Positioning Officer
SALARY RANGE: $151,000.00 - $163,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Two (2)
- Manage the deck department and bridge / control room and monitor that the operations are conducted in a safe manner according to plans and procedures.
- Actively follow up the ongoing operation in the field.
- The MSL is the Chief Officer of the unit and has the responsibilities and authority as outlined in maritime legislation and international conventions.
- Ensure that all equipment and systems in own department are maintained, functioning and in accordance with COF/OA and current regulations.
- Operational responsible person for lifting operations on the unit; ref. applicable national regulation and standards. Responsible for the unit's stability, and to ensure that stability calculations are up to date.
- OIM's deputy.
- Ship security officer and responsible for safety equipment.
- Canadian Barge Supervisor License MOU Surface or STCW Equivalent
- 2-3+ years experience as a Marine Section Leader on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 7+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 5+ years experience from Posmoor ATA operations on Semi-Submersible
- Recent (within the last 1-2 years) Harsh Environment Experience
- DP Unlimited Certificate
- Command and Control/Management of Major Emergencies
- Person in Charge (PIC) Assessment
- Stability and Ballast Control MOU Surface
- STCW Ship Security Officer
- Well Control Level 2
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Supervise the marine operations in accordance with Seadrill's vision and values.
- Through delegation oversee operational planning and execution of lifting operations on the unit. Day to day planning and execution of lifting operations is delegated to the supervisors leading work in the different areas / departments on the unit: Drilling Section Leader, Toolpusher, Technical Section Leader and Assistant Technical Section Leader.
- Secure and monitor good working environment.
- Cooperate with other departments and third parties.
- Promote Seadrill values and a just culture.
- Set the standard for tidiness and cleanness and ensure compliance.
- Know your crews, and how they relate to each other
- Ensure that all are familiar with the operational plans and own tasks.
- Act upon unsatisfactory behaviours and/or crew compositions.
- Assign tasks to members of the deck department.
- Correct unacceptable behaviour.
- Nominate candidates for promotion.
- Ensure that the Competence Assurance System is functioning.
- Promote on the job training on all levels in own department.
- Identify and follow up deviations from Seadrill competence requirements in own department.
- Ensure that all personnel conducting any work within own department are qualified.
- Ensure that the crews are trained to handle emergency situations (e.g., well control, fire, loss of position, heavy weather, etc.).
- Nominate candidates for external training/education.
- Restrict access to perform any work within own department based on complexity and competence evaluation.
- Plan and conduct regular emergency drills in accordance to drill matrix.
- Organize and follow-up daily and long-term operations and ensure availability of required equipment ready for use within own department.
- Ensure detailed planning in accordance with requirements and that operations within own department are conducted in accordance with valid requirements, procedures, and plans.
- Ensure that stability and ballast operations are conducted in accordance with valid requirements and procedures.
- Ensure that structural loads on the unit are within acceptable limits during any operations.
- Keep track of all loading and unloading of cargo and conduct daily stability calculations.
- Ensure that required logbooks within one's department are maintained.
- Perform navigation and conduct navigational watches.
- Instruct DP operators, Control Room Operators and deck crew and relieve the DPO/CRO as required.
- Spend time in the field and monitor daily operation.
- Cooperate with other departments, customer and third parties.
- Report non-compliances to the OIM.
- Stop any operation if considered unsafe.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
Equipment and systems
- Organize and follow-up on daily and long-term maintenance within own department.
- Ensure updated documentation, procedures and instructions on equipment and systems within own department are available.
- Ensure that marine equipment and systems are correctly set-up and operated in a proper manner within operating limits and procedures.
- Ensure that maintenance is carried out on all systems and equipment according to the maintenance system.
- Keep workplace and work areas in a tidy condition at all times.
Seadrill management system
- Keep updated on SMS and ensure that relevant crew has knowledge of relevant requirements.
- Ensure compliance with SMS and relevant requirements in authority regulations.
- Request update of SMS if it is identified that requirements in the SMS are wrong or not suitable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Marine Section Leader Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: