Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader
SALARY RANGE: $108,000.00 - $118,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract ; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Four (4)
JOB SUMMARY: Electrician I is responsible for operation and maintenance of electrical systems and instrumentation.
- Electrical Engineering (Marine) or Electronic Technology Degree/Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidate must have completed an appropriate course in Industrial Electrical Technology at a recognized training institution, and apprenticeship experience and/or additional training to the equivalent of that required for a Canadian inter-provincial journeyperson's certificate
- 2-3+ years experience as an Electrician on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 3+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- Recent (within the last 1 year) Harsh Environment Experience
- 3+ years with previous High Voltage and Low Voltage Experience
- Hazardous Area Equipment Training or Equivalent
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, and diagrams. Able to proficiently use electrical testing meters and equipment. Able to operate software application as applicable to position
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Daily operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of the electrical equipment and systems of the rig and to ensure its operation.
- Ensure the electrical installation and equipment is in accordance with regulations.
- Carry out and report maintenance in accordance with the maintenance program and report to supervisor any modifications registered.
- Keep the work area, tools, and parts clean and in good repair.
- Order, through the immediate superior, any required spare parts for planned and non-planned maintenance and repair.
- Ensure that all work on electrical installations is performed in accordance with valid safety regulations, technical regulations, and relevant procedures. Maintain an active approach to el-safety.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his superior.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Electrician I Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: