Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader
SUPERVISES: Senior Electrician, Electrician, Electronic Technician
SALARY RANGE: $144,000.00 - $154,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Two (2)
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the operation maintenance and repair of all electrical, electronic equipment and systems onboard the unit in accordance with regulatory and company requirements
- Electrical Engineering (Marine) or Electronic Technology Degree/Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidate must have completed an appropriate course in Industrial Electrical Technology at a recognized training institution, and apprenticeship experience and/or additional training to the equivalent of that required for a Canadian inter-provincial journeyperson's certificate
- 3-4+ years experience as a Senior Electrician on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 5+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 5+ years with previous High Voltage and Low Voltage Experience
- Recent experience working with MH Wirth Drilling Package
- Recent (within the last 1-2 years) Harsh Environment Experience
- 7+ years experience on Harsh Environment MODU's
- Hazardous Area Equipment Training or Equivalent
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, and diagrams. Able to proficiently use electrical testing meters and equipment. Able to operate software application as applicable to position
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Ensure that personnel complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner and comply with all company policies and regulatory laws
- Ensure all documentation regarding electrical system compliance onboard the unit is up to date and current
- Oversee daily inspection and maintenance on all electrical equipment
- Ensure that the electrical facilities and associated electrical equipment are in the prescribed condition
- Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly always adhered to by the electrical department
- Carry out maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System
- Assist in planning and coordinating all preventative and corrective maintenance activities in conjunction with other department heads to avoid downtime
- Supervise the operation and service of power generation equipment
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Responsible for ensuring that the electrical department are conversant with relevant rig specific procedure, that they are understood, utilized, and updated accordantly
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all electrical component and systems onboard
- Ensure that all installations, calibrations and modifications to the electrical systems and components are correctly carried out
- Provide technical support and electronic services to all area of the unit
- Read and interpret electrical drawings schematics, and diagrams
- Initiates analysis and identifies the root causes of failures on the unit equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot any electrical problems on the unit and supervise repair of equipment
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information with equipment vendor and onshore staff
- Ensure that the maintenance log and all reports are accurate and complete
- Assist the Chief Engineer with budget preparation and control
- Ensure electrical inventory is maintained within budget and at operating levels
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are always adhered to. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action.
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW, etc.)
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per Seadrill training matrix.
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Electrical Supervisor Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: