Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Marine Section Leader
SUPERVISES: Crane Operator
SALARY RANGE: $106,000.00 - $117,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract ; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Four (4)
JOB SUMMARY: Operate drill floor equipment, handle tubulars and handling tools on the rigs floor for the purpose of supporting drilling operations
- 5+ years previous experience as a Deck Supervisor in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 7+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 5+ years previous experience with Liebherr BOS 4200-80 and MH Knuckle Boom Cranes
- Recent (within the last 1-2 years) Harsh Environment Experience
- 10+ years experience Harsh Environment MOU experience
- Experience with crane maintenance including crane wire changing procedures, etc.
- Offshore Crane Operator Assessment
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations
- Establish and document deck loading and organization plans
- When required operate the rig's cranes in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane
- Manage heavy or complex lifts according to company policy and procedure
- Monitor deck cargo to ensure it is clear of obstructions and correctly sea fastened
- Ensure maintenance tasks on the equipment are completed and documented
- Provide assistance in the operations of the bulk system for loading, transfers, and general use
- Manage supply boat traffic, specifically during loading and unloading of deck cargo
- Coordinate and plan activities in conjunction with client logistics personnel onboard
- Provide Crane Operator and Roustabouts with relevant instruction for current and forth coming operations
- Ensure that the deck crew are conversant with relevant rig specific procedures, that they are understood, utilized, and recognized changes are documented
- Supervise the inspection, replacement, and installation of bulk loading hoses
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Maintain an up to date running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use and order replacements as required. Responsible for the overall inventory and certification of slings. Assist in maintaining an accurate lifting gear register
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job position s and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Monitor the environmental conditions to ensure the safety of operations on deck
- Perform or lead incident investigation as required
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are always adhered to. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Maintain a daily log as required
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
- Assemble, inspect, and sign off of scaffolding under 5M
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per Seadrill training matrix
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Deck Supervisor Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: