Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Driller
SUPERVISES: Derrickhands and Roughnecks
SALARY RANGE: $108,000.00 - $117,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Eight (8)
JOB SUMMARY: Organize the jobs in the drilling areas and assisting the driller in conducting the drilling and well operation in a safe manner according to plans and procedures.
- Drilling Technical Courses or Equivalent
- 1 year experience as Assistant Driller on 6th Generation AKMH Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 4+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 3+ years previous experience with AKER and MHWirth equipment
- Recent (within the last 1-2 years) Harsh Environment Experience
- Well Control Level 3 Surface + Combined
- HPHT Experience
- Drillers Development Program (DDP)
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assist the Driller in leading the drill crew in accordance with Seadrill's vision and values.
- Know all members on the drill crew.
- Take necessary action against unacceptable behavior.
- Assign tasks to the drill crew in agreement with the Driller.
- Perform on the job training of members in the drill crew.
- Be in accordance with own competence requirements at all times.
- Coordinate the work of the drill crew.
- Coordinate / perform maintenance activities.
- Work as driller if required or for training purposes.
- Ensure that the drilling equipment is operated in a proper manner within its capacity limits and at the correct tempo.
- Contribute to good communication between all involved in the ongoing operation.
- Organize drilling equipment for operation.
- Measure and register all 3rd party downhole equipment prior to use.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
Seadrill Management System
- Perform all work in accordance with relevant requirements.
- Know all relevant requirements.
- Transfer experience to operational procedures.
- Stop work that does not comply with requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Assistant Driller Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: