Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 23 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument Engineer with 2 to 3 years of relevant experience. He will be working with the project Lead to design all instrument works assigned to him, and ensure all instrument engineering works are completed in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated man-hours.
- Review and comment PFD / P&ID for any control / interlock / safety related representations
- Prepare Instrument Index and Control System I/O List
- Prepare material requisitions and data sheets for field instruments
- Prepare technical bid evaluations of suppliers' proposal for field instruments
- Prepare the instrumentation requirement for package units; supporting package specialists for MR, technical clarification and bid evaluations, document review and approval Coordinating the interfaces between package unit control system and plant control systems
- Review and approve vendor documents for incorporation into the design and co-ordination with other disciplines Provide the input to other disciplines, such as electrical consumption for electrical power supply design, heat dissipation for ACMV design, weight and dimension for civil / architecture design
- Prepare instrument bill of quantity and subcontractor requisition for instrumentation installation work
- Review deliverables prepared by Designer, like wiring diagram, loop diagram, hook-up, cable specification etc.
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data
- Ensure that all comments are consistent and are included in the drawings according to the applicable procedure
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience in conceptual studies, FEED, detailed engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects in Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Power / Pharmaceutical Plant
- Knowledge with ISA Standards and other international standards for instrumentation and control
- Knowledge of Field Instrumentation and familiar with PC based design software for sizing of instruments, preparation of requisition and procurement of instruments
- Familiar with Instrumentation design and drafting activities including 3D Design, SPR, etc. Hands on experience with Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) will be an added advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.