Skills: Document Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Document Controller with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Ensure that all project documentation (Dsign, Suppliers', Clients' and Licensors') is processed in accordance with agreed procedures and client requirement as well as regulatory and legal requirements.
- Ensure that all project drawings and documentation are received, checked, accurately recorded into the Document control system, and distributed in an efficient and expeditious manner according to agreed Project and Corporate Procedures. This will include hard copy and electronic versions of documentation.
- Ensure that the progress of in house and client reviews of all technical data is closely monitored and highlight problem areas to the Lead Project Control Engineer.
- Where required, co-ordinate the input of progress information (expedited from discipline engineers) into Document Management System at regular cut off dates as specified by the Project. Ensure that data is input accurately by the agreed cut off time, and consequent reports are produced according to an agreed Project schedule. Resolve any queries on progress issues with discipline engineers and/or Project Controls.
- Ensure that all documentation and progress reports are produced on time as required, and that regular exception reports on late documentation are made available for management review.
- Constantly review the suitability of Document Management System reports for Project requirements, and request changes through Manager - Document Control.
- Frequently check that all record files required by the Project are being maintained in good order to comply with QA requirements.
- Co-operate closely with archiving/Final Dossier personnel such that final project dossier, scanning and archiving can be compiled correctly.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Lead Project Control Engineer / Manager - Document Control, which are considered to be within his/her capabilities in the sphere of Document Control.
- Carry out Document Control discipline audits as requested by Manager - Document Control.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduation with 5+ years of experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.