Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gillette, Wyoming, United States
Do you dream of watching wildlife roam the great outdoors? Or seeing some of the most beautiful places in the US? Your dreams can come true when you join the Wood family in Gillette, WY., located just a short distance away from Yellowstone National Park, Mount Rushmore, Rapid City, SD. and Billings, MT.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsership from Wood is required.
Wood is currently looking for a Laborer to join our team. Along with great views and fun things to do, Wood offers a multitude of Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans to choose from, a 401k plan that is 100% vested from day one, company paid life insurance, and much, much more.
The Laborer holds a diverse position responsible for supporting all areas of field operations with opportunites to transition into a Lease Operator. This position requires the incumbent to work in all types of weather conditions and may required occasional weekend work.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to conduct liquid loading management (pigging lines and blowing drips)
- Conduct and correct erosion control methods
- Conduct Lease Operator duties as needed
- Work on call and weekends as needed or when required
- Use of basic tools such as hammers, wrenches, shovels, screwdrivers, power tools, etc.
- Adhere to all conditions of approval on federal leases
- Operating different well control systems
- General well head work
- Isolations and treatment of wells
- Conduct Scale Treatment on well pumps
- Always were appropriate PPE (FRC, hard hat, steel toed shoes/boots, safety glasses and hearing protection)
- Drive appropriately for the conditions, always wear seat belt, do not use phones in any way while operating a vehicle
- Follow lock-out/tag-out procedures when opening any piping or working on equipment including electronics
- Follow call-out procedures when on call
- Ensure contract workers in your area are wearing PPE and working in a safe manner. Implement stop work authority as needed
- Report environmental spills immediately and erosion as it is found
- Routinely check and maintain all mechanical equipment (ATVs, water pumps, maxi heaters, etc.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Technical/Business Skills, Experience, and Training:
- Basic computer skills (excel, word, outlook)
- Ability to understand gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure equipment is working properly
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment
- Ability to identify and fix most issues with limited or no direction
- Must have a good driving record and a valid driver's license
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.